2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
2nd Time not as good as the first!
By 8point on 03/19/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Ranger, 1st was a '95 4.0 STX. I like the extra room in the super cab and overall styling, but not the performance. 18 mpg highway (and I drive easy) and no low end hp or torque. My '95 was 10 times better in low gear off road and got 23+mpg to boot. I don't feel the extra hp (47) from the new engine and gas mileage flat out stinks for a V6 of this size. I've got friends with big diesels that get almost the same mileage with twice the performance! As stated by Edmunds, the truck's strong point is off-road, so why give it an engine that produces it's power above 3,500 rpm?! Have had no mechanical/service issues with the truck in the first year of ownership.

Great Truck!
By cabuco2006 on 02/25/08 08:01 AM (PST)

I love the way this truck rides and handles. It can take a beating and the 4x4 is something you need, especially in New England winters. I've gotten as high as 25.6 mpg in the summer. It's preety good on gas for a 4.0 v-6 compared to other competitors 4.0's. I reccomend this truck for some one that want a truck that can get low to moderate jobs done.

Drive it, you'll like it!
By hal jolly on 01/29/08 20:51 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got it to save fuel. It gets 24 to 29.5. Most of the time I get over 26.5. Runs out good,rides good and handles great. Only holds 4 quarts of oil. Saves money going and coming.

Great Little Truck
By bisjoe on 12/12/07 05:42 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very reliable so far, comfortable, plenty of power for hauling yet easy to park. Decent gas mileage getting 16/22 better than advertised.

Beware-Front End problems
By Ron on 12/11/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My new Ranger has been in the shop 13 times in one year - 7 times in the past 2 months-Only has 15,000 km. Problems started first month-serious clunking in the steering in mid-turn & when accelerating from stop.Inner Tie rod ends have been replaced 4 times in 2 monthsc- last ones were Ford's new/improved ones, as a result of TS Bulletins and serious problems. Also had intermediate shaft replaced twice and lower steering shaft once. Finally no clunking - only been a week - I am wary. Dealer told me several other owners have the same problem. Ford avoiding a recall? In my mid-40s, owned 28 vehicles all makes...never had such an unreliable piece of metal in the driveway (and I am a Ford fan).

Life With Ranger - Part IV
By 07'RangerSport on 12/06/07 20:28 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just past the "One Year of Ownership" mark, and all's well. In that time, my Ranger has yet to so much as rattle, and this despite 22K L.A. miles in a single year. As I've stated in my earlier reviews, by 2007 truck standards, my Ranger borders on "antique." Literally every other truck on the market rides more smoothly, get better gas mileage and provides greater and more cleverly packaged interior spaces. That said however, few offer Ranger's total combo of rugged styling, "just right" size and seemingly military- spec durability. For those desiring a classic, comfortable little truck, adeptly able to tackle your basic chores without busting your bank account; Ranger's still #1.

Great Little Truck
By Joe Pelonio on 11/08/07 11:24 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's been close to a year now and 10,000 miles, with no problems at all. With the 4.0 and automatic I just got 22mpg on a recent trip, regularly getting 16 around town. That's not bad for as much power as it has. Handles like a truck, not a car, and that's how a truck should handle.

One fun truck
By Ben on 11/08/07 05:46 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the FX4 because of the rugged look. It's a fun truck to drive but gets horrible gas mileage. Then again what do you expect with 31' tires and 4.10 gears.

3rd and Love It
By CDJ71 on 09/15/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

Third Ranger and love this truck. FX4 option well woth the price. Great off road and good in town. Interior is perfect for a off road truck.

Life with Ranger - Part III
By 07'RangerSport on 07/16/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nearly 16,000 miles on my 07' Sport Supercab, and all's well. Even after that many (abusive L.A.) miles in only 7 months, my truck has yet to so much as rattle! Without any exaggeration, it feels as though this truck was assembled for military duty; so perfect"is the build quality. Granted it's still the most dated appliance in its genre, but certainly that 1,000 years of production history has served to iron out any bugs from the system. For anybody looking for a classic compact truck, without pretense, of just right"size and certainly impeachable build quality - Ranger warrants a solid look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.