Used 2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Love my Ranger
By bisjoe

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great little truck, plenty of power to pull and handle heavy loads yet decent mileage. Fun to drive, quality is good with the only warranty issue being a burned out tailite bulb in 36,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Compact size, Power, Styling, 4x4

Suggested Improvements

Better OEM tires, Wranglers were lousy in wet weather, 4 wheel discs would be helful

Great little truck!
By bisjoe

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The compact size for parking ease, great old-school styling, reliability and 4.0 V6 power are the major features that caused me to buy the Ranger over the competitors. I have not been disappointed, after 32,000 miles and 3 years I'd buy it again. I manage to get 16 city and 22 highway by being careful and using cruise control when I can. More than enough power for heavy loads and towing.

Favorite Features

Just a lot of fun to drive compared to the many other vehicles I have owned!

Suggested Improvements

With the 4.0 power, and light rear end that's high due to the towing package, it's easy to spin the rear tires on wet roads if you take off too fast. The factory tires were bad, while not worn out yet I'll be replacing them with decent ones before the winter.

Great camp truck
By RSR

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm an assistant ranger at a Boy Scout camp. We do a lot of work and rely on good trucks. This Ranger is the best truck we've ever had, great little workhorse. Does everything that our F-150 and Silverado can do, and is better off-road, especially on hiking trails in the woods. I've hauled trash, lumber, dirt, gravel, stone, concrete, tools, trailers, boats, even another truck. In 3 years it's gotten pretty beat up at camp, but I'm confident it will last for many more years, then we'll buy another one. Starts up every time, 4wd is great on dirt roads, engine gives just enough power, and it just drives and works like a bigger truck. Love this Ranger!

Favorite Features

Engine is perfect for fuel economy--we're on a budget. 4wd gives it great traction, especially on hilly dirt roads with a full bed. Trans is nice and smooth--no complaints when shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Don't stop making it, Ford!

Daily Driver
By Eric

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 Rangers do far and loved both. Bought my 07 with 250 miles on it, and have put 38,000 miles on it with out a single issue. I would buy another Ranger at the drop of a hat. My Ranger gets 22 miles per gallon, only after some aftermarket parts, but I love it!

Favorite Features

I'd have to say the 4-wheel drive and the 4.0L are the best features of the XLT 4x4. I wanted the bucket seats, but the dealer didn't have them on the lot.

Suggested Improvements

Ford should re-tune the engines so they use less gas. I had to buy a flash chip and some other toys to get 22 mpg but it was well worth the money.

Pretty good, needs work
By VulcanVxx

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was my father and I's first pickup truck and overall we are pretty satisfied. It's a decent size, good off-road cap, good quality, reliable, good-looking, and fun to drive. The only thing i have a problem with is the gas mileage. During the winter i averaged about 13.7 City and 18.5 highway and during the summer about 15.7 city and 20.3 highway. This could be better.

Favorite Features

FX4 level II package, driving feel, simplicity, looks, rims, and overall quality/reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Engine bhp displacement. Maybe restyle it outside and refine the interior to make it a more powerful competitor against the Tacoma.