Used 2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Fourth Ranger I've owned
By George Ryan

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Rangers and this is by far my favorite. It is an XLT w/foglamps. The four cylinder performed just fine on a trip to Corpus Christi. Averaged 25 mpg for the trip. Around town I always see 19-20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Storage bin below the radio. Cargo hooks in bed. Smooth trans.

Suggested Improvements

Fabric (black) interior stains easily, even from bare elbow. I was disappointed the chrome wheels on an XLT were really plastic chrome.

Small truck
By Choose 5

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4 cylinder, suspension stiff which is OK by me, great gas mileage (avg 28, 30+ highway), drive a lot of dirt roads and no rattles after 10k. Old design, but smallness helps with gas mileage. Seats are great but I'm 5'8". Ride height good. I'll keep it until I die (am 56). I'm a Ford family.

Favorite Features

AC feels like it could do my house, torquey engine, great gas mileage is an understatement, fun to drive, the 6 ft bed is OK by me, wanted a LB but nothing in region late in year. Besides, I'll just pay someone to deliver heavy stuff. That's the way we're all headed. Quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

I've owned alot of 4 cylinders, and the engine vibration of the 2.3 is excessive. The 20W oil seems awfully light. Time will tell, eh?

Good Solid Truck
By Dave

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a new vehicle for driving to work and back and decided to get a lower cost pickup so I could haul stuff if I needed to. This little truck feels bigger than it is and runs great. I have averaged 29 mpg just driving it around the area and to work and back and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on longer highway/freeway trips. I can't complain about anything in this vehicle.

Favorite Features

5 speed with the 4 cyl. Sits up high.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a bit better for longer trips.

2007 Ranger XLT
By Bill Porter

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger and I am very pleased with my past experience (1993) and my recent purchase. These trucks are tough and well built. My 93 never left me beside the road. I gave it to a family member and they are still driving it every day. Thanks Ford, I love my Ranger!

Favorite Features

Reliability, price, and build.

Suggested Improvements

None. Keep building them Ford. I will buy a third Ranger.

Life With Ranger Part II
By 07'RangerSport

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

3 months, 6,500 miles and all's well! Thus far my Ranger's been as regular and reliable as an atomic clock, and L.A. traffic what is; I drive the heck out of my little truck. I still couldn't imagine myself in any other vehicle - Ranger's "perfect fit" size, tossable handling, excellent ergonomics and (so far) bullet-proof quality make this truck a clear winner for me! While far from the most modern or refined choice on the market, for anyone looking for a "real" and wholly usable little pick-up that, well equipped, won't break the bank - Ranger certainly warrants a look.

Favorite Features

Roomy (extended) cab, still excellent fit and finish (even from a dash design dating to 1995!), smooth ride at speed, simple "basic truck" design (no foo-foo I wanna-be-a-car lines), smaller, more maneuverable size, general feeing of solidity, very-modern touches (still lovin' the iPod input jack).

Suggested Improvements

MPG! My Ranger's equipped with the 3.0 V6/Automatic - a combo that around-town nets about 15 or so mpg...not good! And a strong suggestion to any potential buyers; GET THE 4-DOOR OPTION! I didn't, and after having to contort like pretzel a few times to reach the back-seat, I kick myself daily.