Used 2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Fun
By Matt

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'll be completely honest here! I have a bare bones 2007 ford Ranger no AC, no CD, no tilt, no power anything, and 5 speed. I love it! I commuted about 50-60 km a day each way so roughly 100- 120 a day km and I still only fuel up about every 5-6 days! I'm not talking babying it down the road, I'm talking about putting my foot down and opening it up.I do my regular oil changes and tire rotation and one year and about 25,000 kms later is has yet to fail me! Again I'll be honest, you want power and size in a small truck? Get a Dakota. If you want reliablity and wicked MPG definitely get a Ranger.

Far and away the manual 5 speed feature! I just love dropping gears in this little unit and blowing by people. Comfortable ride as well.

I put mud flaps on myself and i think it made a nice improvement so maybe that. Also full size spare would be nice

Fourth Ranger I've owned
By George Ryan

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Rangers and this is by far my favorite. It is an XLT w/foglamps. The four cylinder performed just fine on a trip to Corpus Christi. Averaged 25 mpg for the trip. Around town I always see 19-20 mpg.

Storage bin below the radio. Cargo hooks in bed. Smooth trans.

Fabric (black) interior stains easily, even from bare elbow. I was disappointed the chrome wheels on an XLT were really plastic chrome.

Small truck
By Choose 5

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4 cylinder, suspension stiff which is OK by me, great gas mileage (avg 28, 30+ highway), drive a lot of dirt roads and no rattles after 10k. Old design, but smallness helps with gas mileage. Seats are great but I'm 5'8". Ride height good. I'll keep it until I die (am 56). I'm a Ford family.

AC feels like it could do my house, torquey engine, great gas mileage is an understatement, fun to drive, the 6 ft bed is OK by me, wanted a LB but nothing in region late in year. Besides, I'll just pay someone to deliver heavy stuff. That's the way we're all headed. Quiet interior.

I've owned alot of 4 cylinders, and the engine vibration of the 2.3 is excessive. The 20W oil seems awfully light. Time will tell, eh?

Good Solid Truck
By Dave

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a new vehicle for driving to work and back and decided to get a lower cost pickup so I could haul stuff if I needed to. This little truck feels bigger than it is and runs great. I have averaged 29 mpg just driving it around the area and to work and back and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on longer highway/freeway trips. I can't complain about anything in this vehicle.

5 speed with the 4 cyl. Sits up high.

Seats could be a bit better for longer trips.

2007 Ranger XLT
By Bill Porter

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger and I am very pleased with my past experience (1993) and my recent purchase. These trucks are tough and well built. My 93 never left me beside the road. I gave it to a family member and they are still driving it every day. Thanks Ford, I love my Ranger!

Reliability, price, and build.

None. Keep building them Ford. I will buy a third Ranger.