2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Excellent Ford Ranger
By Rochester, N.Y. on 03/02/07 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased as a no frills work truck package. Love the dark grey color. It sits high so I can see above the traffic. I love this truck and its American soul. It drives like a truck, it sounds like a truck, it handles like a truck. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I like my Ranger
By Walter on 02/23/07 21:49 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Ranger. It easy and fun to drive and I really like the styling. The suspension is firm but not harsh and the steering response is excellent with good feedback. The automatic transmission's shifts are smooth and precise. The I4 engine has plenty of power and has no problem keeping up with 75 mph traffic. The ABS provides excellent straight line stops. The instrumentation is laid out well and all of the controls are within easy reach. The cloth bench seat is comfortable with good support. Fit and finish on my Ranger is good. There are no rattles or squeaks and wind noise at 75 mph is low. The fuel mileage is good at 26 mpg in combined street/highway driving

Best bang for the buck
By Blackheart on 02/09/07 19:30 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I need both a commuter vehicle and something I could haul things with and found the perfect vehicle to do both. This truck gives me great gas mileage while allowing me to do the numerous weekend chores that require a pickup bed. The 2.3L engine is responsive and well suited for a vehicle of this weight. The 5 speed manual tranny adds a bit of fun as well. The price was very reasonable, under $13,000 with A/C. Great value.

Great small truck
By Brian on 12/25/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this small truck. My first tank of gas got 31mpg. My second tank got 34mpg. With a $14,100 drive out price it's a great deal.

Little Giant!
By 08naja on 10/03/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a small truck with great looks as well as guts. When I saw the 2007 Ford Ranger I fell in love. It does everything you need it to do and more. I was looking around at other trucks to haul my bikes and things. The 3.0 V6 option is worth it! It's great on gas and performance and is fun to drive.

Tacoma to Ranger
By jrob on 09/29/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am sure I'm one of the select few who have "traded down" from a 2006 Tacoma to a 2007 Ranger. My brief 2.7 5M SR5 Taco experience included two trips to the dealer for a bad rear end (in which the whole "pumpkin" was replaced) and two trips for a clutch/shift problem that wasn't resolved. The Tacoma is vastly over-rated. My 4x4 was bone jarring on the road, had no torque, shifted like a bucket of bolts, and got just 20-21 mpg. But so much for Yota bashing. My 2.3L XLT gets GREAT mileage (31 mph), shifts smoothly, and has enough power to get up about any hill without downshifting. Yep, the platform is dated, but it still looks good, works hard and is really worth what you pay.

Fuel Efficient Ranger Does the Job!
By ranger rick on 09/18/06 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ok i admit it I love big trucks. In fact I almost bought a Sierra work truck for $11,900 this summer but couldn't get past the 17 mpg I'd be getting. So I went to the Ford Dealer and looked at the Rangers. I bought an XLT long bed 4 cylinder 5 speed model and it's been great. Great on gas, great on performance and great on usefulness. The 2.3 liter motor is torqued down well and the size of the bed for a compact truck is great. A real 7 foot long bed tops Toyota and Chevy. The exterior of the Ranger is a timeless well executed design. It is a truck so you do feel bumps, however tooling around town getting 28 mpg is fine with me. The inside is nothing new but there has been some updates.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.