Used 2007 Ford Ranger SPORT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Life With Ranger - Part IV

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just past the "One Year of Ownership" mark, and all's well. In that time, my Ranger has yet to so much as rattle, and this despite 22K L.A. miles in a single year. As I've stated in my earlier reviews, by 2007 truck standards, my Ranger borders on "antique." Literally every other truck on the market rides more smoothly, get better gas mileage and provides greater and more cleverly packaged interior spaces. That said however, few offer Ranger's total combo of rugged styling, "just right" size and seemingly military- spec durability. For those desiring a classic, comfortable little truck, adeptly able to tackle your basic chores without busting your bank account; Ranger's still #1.

Favorite Features

Roomy and comfortable interior; supportive seats covered in durable "I can't believe it's not cloth" coverings; stain-proof vinyl flooring (in Sport and XL); functional dash layout (even if it does date back to 1995!); general reliablity/durability; low cost of ownership

Suggested Improvements

Respect and admiration for my truck's durability and simple functionality aside, really just about everything needs an upgrade...the 3.0 motor's slow and swills fuel; the frame (when compared to newer trucks in any class) is loose as a $10 hooker; the cab needs more and more clever storage spaces

Life with Ranger - Part III

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nearly 16,000 miles on my 07' Sport Supercab, and all's well. Even after that many (abusive L.A.) miles in only 7 months, my truck has yet to so much as rattle! Without any exaggeration, it feels as though this truck was assembled for military duty; so perfect"is the build quality. Granted it's still the most dated appliance in its genre, but certainly that 1,000 years of production history has served to iron out any bugs from the system. For anybody looking for a classic compact truck, without pretense, of just right"size and certainly impeachable build quality - Ranger warrants a solid look.

Favorite Features

Compact size makes for easy manuevering, parking. Roomy extended cab. Tank-like build quality (there isn't so much as a screw out of place in my model!) Excellent and very functional dash layout (everything in easy reach). Modern touches (e.g. iPod/aux input) in an otherwise classic pickup.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage borders on infuriating. Mine is the 3.0 V6, coupled with a 5-spd combo nets an avg 16 mpg and a 0 - 60 time of seemingly a minute or two. Again, a certainly reliable piece (I was about 3 when it debuted in the Taurus I think), but the figures and performance belong in the 80's!

Life With Ranger Part I

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased my shiny new Ranger Sport Supercab this past Sunday. Traded in a Mercury Sable for what'll be my third Ranger - and hopefully not my last! Mine is well equipped with the power package, tilt/cruise, 6CD, etc. Certainly there exists, and I could have chosen, a roomier, more powerful and even more efficient truck, but few of these (if any) would have offered Ranger's combination of just-right sizing, proven safety, and long term durability. For me, for the money, and for the long haul, Ranger fits like a pair of old shoes. Trading in my second one a few years back was about the stupidest thing I ever did, and I couldn't be more elated to once again own my "dream truck."

Favorite Features

"Not too big, not too small" - Ranger offers space for a guy my size (6'1") without feeling cumbersome or bloated. Rugged, almost timeless exterior styling. Smooth and hushed ride at cruise. General feeling of "heft" and solidity. Modern touches such as an input jack for my iPod.

Suggested Improvements

More efficient powertrains; my Sport is equipped with the mid-range 3.0 V6 - a motor rated for less than 150hp and not more than 22mpg on the highway. EPA ratings and LA traffic-flow what they are, I imagine I'll be lucky if I hit an average of 20 mpg - not good.