Used 2007 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Drive it, you'll like it!
By hal jolly

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got it to save fuel. It gets 24 to 29.5. Most of the time I get over 26.5. Runs out good,rides good and handles great. Only holds 4 quarts of oil. Saves money going and coming.

Fuel mileage, cost of operation and drive. Handles, hauls and pulls.

Six speed transmission. More options with the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder.

Not bad for the price.
By Ben

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got the 2 door SuperCab XL about three months ago. The Ranger is really not that bad a truck for the price. My biggest complaint would be that something has come loose between the headliner and the trim on the right side of the truck, and it makes a buzzing sound right in my left ear. I'm gonna have the dealership take a look at this. I think the interior could use some more attention to detail, too. This truck has SEVEN different intermittent settings for the windshield wipers, but has exposed bolts holding the radio/fan control console onto the dash. Do we really need seven different wiper speeds? That aside, the truck really runs well and the gas mileage is great.

4 cylinder with 5 speed manual runs great. Plenty of power for the size and fun to drive. Seats are actually pretty comfortable. The ride is fairly smooth for a truck. Good looking truck. Nothing comparable in the price range.

Better QA. Even the cheapest of the cheap Japanese cars pay more attention to detail. I ended up buying the exact truck I test-drove, so I didn't end up with engine or mechanical issues right out the gate, but I notice small things, like the inside trim not lining up or being screwed down sloppily.

Very Disappointed
By Lemon

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4 cylinder with automatic. Idle is very rough with vibration through steering wheel. Returned to dealer 2 times. Dealer said motor mounts and exhaust needed alignment. No help. Checked this vehicle against other similar vehicle at dealer and found other vehicle to be smoother. When idle increased 25 to 50 RPM, smooths out to normal. Dealer says Idle can not be adjusted. Had several 4 cylinder vehicles and all idle smooth. Dealer says that's the way Rangers are, it can not be fixed. Looks like I am stuck with rough running new vehicle. Should have purchased Japanese.

Good marketing concept. Sold me. Turns out to be yery poor quality.

Follow Consumer Reports suggestion and buy Japanese.