2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Love it so far!
By jrbrad89 on 01/19/13 21:30 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Choppy ride on the freeway but that's what you get with a truck. The leather seats really sold it for me. Gas mileage sucks but the 4.0 has power when you need it. Not a lot of cargo space in the back. I love the rugged exterior look. I wish it has stereo controls on the steering wheel. All in all I think it's a great truck. The Level II has great style and is quite capable.

rust
By meis on 05/05/12 09:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 fx4 off road ranger,v6 auto with tow package(bougth it new) use it on week ends, have 50,000 miles. very reliable, got me to where we go,especially in snow,would like better gas mileage about 17-20 mpg highway. I have two issuses , since new the transmission when driving and the speed drops to 20 miles a hour and it down shifts it feels if someone kicked me in the seat,trips to the dealer resulted in reprogram computer,work on the vavle body chech transmission.The dealer said that is the way this transmission works. Second issuse is rust, looking underneath there is rust all over when I brought it to the dealer they said they can't do anything unless it rust THRU. Has anybody

Good Truck!
By miamioolite on 01/15/11 14:37 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good, basic, truck. No real mechanical problems, I had the tow package so the rear end was squirrely without some weight in the back. The gear box felt like it was taken out of a Sherman tank but it was solid and always worked. The ride is...well rough but, its a truck. the seats are great the radio was great and the clearance and 4WD were excellent. I drove it around forest service roads in Montana for a year and never got stuck, not even close. This is a good all around truck. Not a refined driving experience...but hey,its a truck. Gripes? only small ones, the rear window always whistled...and you can see the jagged edges of the sheet metal on the body. Need a SMALL solid truck this is it

Ford fan for life
By Ryan Kunes on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got my ranger a little over a year ago now and wish I would have got the third door option but for what I use it for it is an outstanding truck. Now running in to a few problems just put front brakes in and now there is still some noise coming from the drivers side so back to the shop we go.

Road legal ATV ???
By SaskSaint on 01/07/10 08:40 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new as my second Ranger. Loved my first one. I am a short fella 5.7" and this truck fits me great, with one exception. The drivers seat can be uncomfortable on long trips due to high front edge causing leg cramps. Running on cruise, when possible, greatly improves comfort. The engine is a jewel with great personality. Nice little truck off road, works well in tight places. Pulls my boat and wood trailer like nothing. I hear a lot of whining about fuel consumption and I am not too unhappy with mine. I have done as high as 26 mpg but average 22/24 on highway at 100k, or less. I would like a longer box option, say 7 foot , for hauling ATV as this little box is rammed full with a bike on.

Love my Ranger
By bisjoe on 01/01/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great little truck, plenty of power to pull and handle heavy loads yet decent mileage. Fun to drive, quality is good with the only warranty issue being a burned out tailite bulb in 36,000 miles.

Great little truck!
By bisjoe on 09/06/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The compact size for parking ease, great old-school styling, reliability and 4.0 V6 power are the major features that caused me to buy the Ranger over the competitors. I have not been disappointed, after 32,000 miles and 3 years I'd buy it again. I manage to get 16 city and 22 highway by being careful and using cruise control when I can. More than enough power for heavy loads and towing.

Great camp truck
By RSR on 05/10/09 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm an assistant ranger at a Boy Scout camp. We do a lot of work and rely on good trucks. This Ranger is the best truck we've ever had, great little workhorse. Does everything that our F-150 and Silverado can do, and is better off-road, especially on hiking trails in the woods. I've hauled trash, lumber, dirt, gravel, stone, concrete, tools, trailers, boats, even another truck. In 3 years it's gotten pretty beat up at camp, but I'm confident it will last for many more years, then we'll buy another one. Starts up every time, 4wd is great on dirt roads, engine gives just enough power, and it just drives and works like a bigger truck. Love this Ranger!

Daily Driver
By Eric on 08/04/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned 2 Rangers do far and loved both. Bought my 07 with 250 miles on it, and have put 38,000 miles on it with out a single issue. I would buy another Ranger at the drop of a hat. My Ranger gets 22 miles per gallon, only after some aftermarket parts, but I love it!

Pretty good, needs work
By VulcanVxx on 05/07/08 22:47 PM (PDT)

This was my father and I's first pickup truck and overall we are pretty satisfied. It's a decent size, good off-road cap, good quality, reliable, good-looking, and fun to drive. The only thing i have a problem with is the gas mileage. During the winter i averaged about 13.7 City and 18.5 highway and during the summer about 15.7 city and 20.3 highway. This could be better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.