Used 2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Love it so far!
By jrbrad89

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Choppy ride on the freeway but that's what you get with a truck. The leather seats really sold it for me. Gas mileage sucks but the 4.0 has power when you need it. Not a lot of cargo space in the back. I love the rugged exterior look. I wish it has stereo controls on the steering wheel. All in all I think it's a great truck. The Level II has great style and is quite capable.

Favorite Features

Cruise control. Auxiliary MP3 port. Leather seats. Bed liner. Aluminum wheels. Fog lights. Garage remote strap on sun visor. Drivers arm rest. Decent sound. Rear suicide doors.

Suggested Improvements

Add volume control to steering wheel. Multi-Disc changer. Premium sound system. Upgraded exhaust. Power seats. Auto dimming rear view mirror. Noisy power steering system. Four-wheel disc brakes.

rust
By meis

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 fx4 off road ranger,v6 auto with tow package(bougth it new) use it on week ends, have 50,000 miles. very reliable, got me to where we go,especially in snow,would like better gas mileage about 17-20 mpg highway. I have two issuses , since new the transmission when driving and the speed drops to 20 miles a hour and it down shifts it feels if someone kicked me in the seat,trips to the dealer resulted in reprogram computer,work on the vavle body chech transmission.The dealer said that is the way this transmission works. Second issuse is rust, looking underneath there is rust all over when I brought it to the dealer they said they can't do anything unless it rust THRU. Has anybody

Favorite Features

had similar problems and what did they do

Good Truck!
By miamioolite

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good, basic, truck. No real mechanical problems, I had the tow package so the rear end was squirrely without some weight in the back. The gear box felt like it was taken out of a Sherman tank but it was solid and always worked. The ride is...well rough but, its a truck. the seats are great the radio was great and the clearance and 4WD were excellent. I drove it around forest service roads in Montana for a year and never got stuck, not even close. This is a good all around truck. Not a refined driving experience...but hey,its a truck. Gripes? only small ones, the rear window always whistled...and you can see the jagged edges of the sheet metal on the body. Need a SMALL solid truck this is it

Favorite Features

Size. Some forest roads are too narrow for the new fatter Tacomas, F-150s etc the rangers have remained a reasonable size. The truck seems bullet proof. Good gas mileage (19/24) for a V6! and a Very comfortable ride on the highway!!!

Suggested Improvements

A little more attention to build quality, I know seeing the poorly cut edges of the body sheeting is cosmetic....but come on.....that's just lazy engineering.....better jump seats?...

Ford fan for life
By Ryan Kunes

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got my ranger a little over a year ago now and wish I would have got the third door option but for what I use it for it is an outstanding truck. Now running in to a few problems just put front brakes in and now there is still some noise coming from the drivers side so back to the shop we go.

Favorite Features

Love the 4wd

Suggested Improvements

Easier access to the rear seats and more room in the back. its got two seats back there but no way would I be able to put two people back there. Better MPG for a v6

Road legal ATV ???
By SaskSaint

2007 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new as my second Ranger. Loved my first one. I am a short fella 5.7" and this truck fits me great, with one exception. The drivers seat can be uncomfortable on long trips due to high front edge causing leg cramps. Running on cruise, when possible, greatly improves comfort. The engine is a jewel with great personality. Nice little truck off road, works well in tight places. Pulls my boat and wood trailer like nothing. I hear a lot of whining about fuel consumption and I am not too unhappy with mine. I have done as high as 26 mpg but average 22/24 on highway at 100k, or less. I would like a longer box option, say 7 foot , for hauling ATV as this little box is rammed full with a bike on.

Favorite Features

I like the rubber floor coverings as it cleans up nicely. The little extra cab is super for the dog or carrying items securely. the 4.0 l engine with 4 wd makes this a winner with me.

Suggested Improvements

Longer box option. Bench seat available for the sport.