2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Back on Top Again
By Ford Family Man on 08/04/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used. I had a 1991 Ranger that was pretty worn out and would finally start needing some repairs so I bought this one. Previously a fleet vehicle I was impressed with all that I got for 11,500 dollars. XL truck, but with 5 speed auto, and 4.10 axle ratio, extras were A/C (necessary in Ohio) and an under-rail bed liner. It had a little over 18000 miles on it. I work in a scrap yard and needed a solid truck. That's just what I got with fuel economy averaging 23-28mpg combined city/highway. Drives like a bigger truck and so quick too; especially for a four cyl. engine. Much stronger than my 1991's 2.3liter. No serious rattles, and white so scratches are not an issue.

Go Ford or go home
By my_07_ranger on 06/16/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.3l 5spd standard and I love driving it. It has good take off for a 4 cylinder truck. I have 21,000 miles on it and the only time it see the shop is for its regular oil changes. I get well over 34 miles to the gallon. Overall I like this truck and to think I was going to buy a Cavalier

Fun
By Matt on 06/11/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'll be completely honest here! I have a bare bones 2007 ford Ranger no AC, no CD, no tilt, no power anything, and 5 speed. I love it! I commuted about 50-60 km a day each way so roughly 100- 120 a day km and I still only fuel up about every 5-6 days! I'm not talking babying it down the road, I'm talking about putting my foot down and opening it up.I do my regular oil changes and tire rotation and one year and about 25,000 kms later is has yet to fail me! Again I'll be honest, you want power and size in a small truck? Get a Dakota. If you want reliablity and wicked MPG definitely get a Ranger.

Small truck
By Choose 5 on 05/14/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4 cylinder, suspension stiff which is OK by me, great gas mileage (avg 28, 30+ highway), drive a lot of dirt roads and no rattles after 10k. Old design, but smallness helps with gas mileage. Seats are great but I'm 5'8". Ride height good. I'll keep it until I die (am 56). I'm a Ford family.

Excellent Ford Ranger
By Rochester, N.Y. on 03/02/07 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased as a no frills work truck package. Love the dark grey color. It sits high so I can see above the traffic. I love this truck and its American soul. It drives like a truck, it sounds like a truck, it handles like a truck. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Best bang for the buck
By Blackheart on 02/09/07 19:30 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I need both a commuter vehicle and something I could haul things with and found the perfect vehicle to do both. This truck gives me great gas mileage while allowing me to do the numerous weekend chores that require a pickup bed. The 2.3L engine is responsive and well suited for a vehicle of this weight. The 5 speed manual tranny adds a bit of fun as well. The price was very reasonable, under $13,000 with A/C. Great value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.