Used 2007 Ford Ranger SPORT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Life With Ranger Part II
By 07'RangerSport

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

3 months, 6,500 miles and all's well! Thus far my Ranger's been as regular and reliable as an atomic clock, and L.A. traffic what is; I drive the heck out of my little truck. I still couldn't imagine myself in any other vehicle - Ranger's "perfect fit" size, tossable handling, excellent ergonomics and (so far) bullet-proof quality make this truck a clear winner for me! While far from the most modern or refined choice on the market, for anyone looking for a "real" and wholly usable little pick-up that, well equipped, won't break the bank - Ranger certainly warrants a look.

Roomy (extended) cab, still excellent fit and finish (even from a dash design dating to 1995!), smooth ride at speed, simple "basic truck" design (no foo-foo I wanna-be-a-car lines), smaller, more maneuverable size, general feeing of solidity, very-modern touches (still lovin' the iPod input jack).

MPG! My Ranger's equipped with the 3.0 V6/Automatic - a combo that around-town nets about 15 or so mpg...not good! And a strong suggestion to any potential buyers; GET THE 4-DOOR OPTION! I didn't, and after having to contort like pretzel a few times to reach the back-seat, I kick myself daily.

Little Giant!
By 08naja

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a small truck with great looks as well as guts. When I saw the 2007 Ford Ranger I fell in love. It does everything you need it to do and more. I was looking around at other trucks to haul my bikes and things. The 3.0 V6 option is worth it! It's great on gas and performance and is fun to drive.

My favorite is the comfort of the seats and the way you sit up high and of course the money I save on gas.

Only thing I would change is the stereo system. It needs improvement.