Used 2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

The Best Never Rest
By Roland King

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have checked mileage twice with my 4 cylinder 2.3. I get 28MPG. I do not tow anything and use my truck as everyday trip around town.It rides great drives great and so far excellent service. Would highly recommend.I did my homework before buying comparing to Chevrolet,Toyota.This Ranger beat them all hands down. Love my Ranger.

Favorite Features

Sharp looking beautiful truck.I don't get tired after going on trip, excellent ride.

Suggested Improvements

None

Great Little Truck
By PAS

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The greatest thing about the Ranger is it just flat out works. Yes there are other newer trucks out there, but for the money it is hard to get any better than the Ranger. I have had no problems with it.

Favorite Features

I love the stance of my Ranger. I have the 4X4 XL regular cab. With this package it just looks right. It has the best proportions and the cab has just the right fit for 2 people. Bigger families look other places.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little better fit and finish with the interior panels. For instance the one under the dash on the driver's side.

Back on Top Again
By Ford Family Man

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used. I had a 1991 Ranger that was pretty worn out and would finally start needing some repairs so I bought this one. Previously a fleet vehicle I was impressed with all that I got for 11,500 dollars. XL truck, but with 5 speed auto, and 4.10 axle ratio, extras were A/C (necessary in Ohio) and an under-rail bed liner. It had a little over 18000 miles on it. I work in a scrap yard and needed a solid truck. That's just what I got with fuel economy averaging 23-28mpg combined city/highway. Drives like a bigger truck and so quick too; especially for a four cyl. engine. Much stronger than my 1991's 2.3liter. No serious rattles, and white so scratches are not an issue.

Favorite Features

Cup holders are standard on all trucks, great stock bed liner. Far better fuel economy than driving the F-250 I used to use when I needed a truck. Fun to drive. My wife even likes driving because she can see all the way around. Excellent and responsive ABS brakes.

Suggested Improvements

None. I needed a truck, not a luxury car, already bought one of those for my wife. No need for that in a vehicle that gets dirty and used like what it is, a truck plain and simple.

Go Ford or go home
By my_07_ranger

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.3l 5spd standard and I love driving it. It has good take off for a 4 cylinder truck. I have 21,000 miles on it and the only time it see the shop is for its regular oil changes. I get well over 34 miles to the gallon. Overall I like this truck and to think I was going to buy a Cavalier

Favorite Features

I don't have a favorite feature other then the 5 speed transmission because I bought this truck bone stock no options

Suggested Improvements

Bucket seats in the single cab 5 speed because you can't use the middle seat anyway

Fun
By Matt

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'll be completely honest here! I have a bare bones 2007 ford Ranger no AC, no CD, no tilt, no power anything, and 5 speed. I love it! I commuted about 50-60 km a day each way so roughly 100- 120 a day km and I still only fuel up about every 5-6 days! I'm not talking babying it down the road, I'm talking about putting my foot down and opening it up.I do my regular oil changes and tire rotation and one year and about 25,000 kms later is has yet to fail me! Again I'll be honest, you want power and size in a small truck? Get a Dakota. If you want reliablity and wicked MPG definitely get a Ranger.

Favorite Features

Far and away the manual 5 speed feature! I just love dropping gears in this little unit and blowing by people. Comfortable ride as well.

Suggested Improvements

I put mud flaps on myself and i think it made a nice improvement so maybe that. Also full size spare would be nice