2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
The Best Never Rest
By Roland King on 09/30/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have checked mileage twice with my 4 cylinder 2.3. I get 28MPG. I do not tow anything and use my truck as everyday trip around town.It rides great drives great and so far excellent service. Would highly recommend.I did my homework before buying comparing to Chevrolet,Toyota.This Ranger beat them all hands down. Love my Ranger.

Great Little Truck
By PAS on 10/19/08 22:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The greatest thing about the Ranger is it just flat out works. Yes there are other newer trucks out there, but for the money it is hard to get any better than the Ranger. I have had no problems with it.

Back on Top Again
By Ford Family Man on 08/04/08 06:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used. I had a 1991 Ranger that was pretty worn out and would finally start needing some repairs so I bought this one. Previously a fleet vehicle I was impressed with all that I got for 11,500 dollars. XL truck, but with 5 speed auto, and 4.10 axle ratio, extras were A/C (necessary in Ohio) and an under-rail bed liner. It had a little over 18000 miles on it. I work in a scrap yard and needed a solid truck. That's just what I got with fuel economy averaging 23-28mpg combined city/highway. Drives like a bigger truck and so quick too; especially for a four cyl. engine. Much stronger than my 1991's 2.3liter. No serious rattles, and white so scratches are not an issue.

Go Ford or go home
By my_07_ranger on 06/16/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.3l 5spd standard and I love driving it. It has good take off for a 4 cylinder truck. I have 21,000 miles on it and the only time it see the shop is for its regular oil changes. I get well over 34 miles to the gallon. Overall I like this truck and to think I was going to buy a Cavalier

Fun
By Matt on 06/11/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'll be completely honest here! I have a bare bones 2007 ford Ranger no AC, no CD, no tilt, no power anything, and 5 speed. I love it! I commuted about 50-60 km a day each way so roughly 100- 120 a day km and I still only fuel up about every 5-6 days! I'm not talking babying it down the road, I'm talking about putting my foot down and opening it up.I do my regular oil changes and tire rotation and one year and about 25,000 kms later is has yet to fail me! Again I'll be honest, you want power and size in a small truck? Get a Dakota. If you want reliablity and wicked MPG definitely get a Ranger.

Fourth Ranger I've owned
By George Ryan on 05/15/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Rangers and this is by far my favorite. It is an XLT w/foglamps. The four cylinder performed just fine on a trip to Corpus Christi. Averaged 25 mpg for the trip. Around town I always see 19-20 mpg.

Small truck
By Choose 5 on 05/14/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Peppy 4 cylinder, suspension stiff which is OK by me, great gas mileage (avg 28, 30+ highway), drive a lot of dirt roads and no rattles after 10k. Old design, but smallness helps with gas mileage. Seats are great but I'm 5'8". Ride height good. I'll keep it until I die (am 56). I'm a Ford family.

Good Solid Truck
By Dave on 10/13/07 01:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a new vehicle for driving to work and back and decided to get a lower cost pickup so I could haul stuff if I needed to. This little truck feels bigger than it is and runs great. I have averaged 29 mpg just driving it around the area and to work and back and have gotten as high as 36 mpg on longer highway/freeway trips. I can't complain about anything in this vehicle.

2007 Ranger XLT
By Bill Porter on 03/20/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger and I am very pleased with my past experience (1993) and my recent purchase. These trucks are tough and well built. My 93 never left me beside the road. I gave it to a family member and they are still driving it every day. Thanks Ford, I love my Ranger!

Life With Ranger Part II
By 07'RangerSport on 03/13/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

3 months, 6,500 miles and all's well! Thus far my Ranger's been as regular and reliable as an atomic clock, and L.A. traffic what is; I drive the heck out of my little truck. I still couldn't imagine myself in any other vehicle - Ranger's "perfect fit" size, tossable handling, excellent ergonomics and (so far) bullet-proof quality make this truck a clear winner for me! While far from the most modern or refined choice on the market, for anyone looking for a "real" and wholly usable little pick-up that, well equipped, won't break the bank - Ranger certainly warrants a look.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.