2007 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Disappointed with new truck.
By Colby on 02/04/07 18:12 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I special ordered this truck with all the options I wanted. I waited about 6 weeks for it to come in. After a few weeks I noticed light spots in the paint on the cab sides while in direct sunlight. I did not notice this before since it had been overcast. The problem was pretty bad so I let warranty handle it. Now, the metallic in the paint does not match. The dealer and Ford think this is acceptable and not noticeable but everyone else notices it without me pointing it out. Now, I have a new truck that I do not even want. The dealers response is that is the best the paint match will be. No more Fords for me. I am considering taking a hit and buying another product. I am extremely hacked off.

Disappointed in Ranger build quality.
By DJ on 01/21/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4 cylinder with automatic 07 Ranger based in part on positive reviews. Found truck to have poor build quality with little support from Ford. Makes excessive vibration from exhaust and very loud transmission whine in low gear. Dealer and Ford customer relations say this is normal for this type vehicle. Vehicle in shop 4 times within first month of ownership. Paint on tail gate and bed sides has large metallic runs. Door out of alignment. Ford fix for exhaust vibration is to install clamped on weight on exhaust pipe aft of converter. Fixed door alignment problem. I'm afraid to have paint work fixed as the color won't match. Buyers, better due your due diligence before purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.