It's a truck.
By kdub989 on
2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Bought mine used off Clist. Love my truck! The 4cyl isn't fast on steep grades but neither am I. However, with the 4cyl and 5spd, I'm averaging 29.5mpg combined and 32.2mpg hwy and that's running the a/c and with a Leer canopy. The truck is very quiet and comfortable that we prefer to take it on long road trips instead of our honda, subaru or dodge caliber. Our ranger is a 2wd but I installed a powertrax no-slip in the rear end and off road it's fantastic. I've pulled a small utility trailer with 2 motorcycles on it with no problems. I've had zero problems with our truck. It handles well on windy twisty back roads and is a great truck for exploring those same roads.
Favorite Features
Ride quality, quiet cab, gas mileage, comfortable, reliable, will haul what ever we need. The cab is roomy enough. Cheap to maintain and insure.
Suggested Improvements
This truck has the XLT package and all the power options but still doesn't have adjustable lumbar support and would have liked the auto dimming mirror. The gas mileage is superb with the 4cyl, 5speed combo but would be nice if the 4cyl had a bit more torque and at a lower rpm. It's quite usable as is but ........ Wish the headlights were a bit brighter.