It's a blast
By shorty6 on
2006 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I looked at Toy's but design is quircky. I'm 6'3"& easily fit behind wheel in Ranger. I run 30K/yr. When I need to haul heavy, this is the truck! Ride is very good with 100# or more in the bed, kinda choppy without a load but it is a truck. 4 cyl. is 143hp, yahooo! It gets on the hiway fast, stops on a dime, 27-29 mpg, blows away other trucks ie Nissan, Chevy Colorado, Toys in price!, in value!, in economy!, in performance!, in maintanence cost! My '98 Ranger gave me 218,000 miles. The difference in price to competition buys an awful lot of fuel and repairs if any. At 100K, I only have standard maintainence. Ford will lose me if Ranger go's away. I love its big hp in small package, blastoff!
Favorite Features
Awesome seats in XLT, great for 500 mile trips. Real tight front end, no floating nose. Excellent gas mileage at 100K=28avg. Very good seat position, look down on hood. Love the low rumble exhaust note. Standard tach great for snow travel with stick. Tough to get stuck in snow on Supercab 2wd.
Suggested Improvements
Lose the fat steering wheel. Make the seat go back another 2" for tall people. Offer longbed on the supercab like F150. Raise roof height. Bring back the Edge. I like riding high! Better isolate from road noise. Increase load capacity. More options for XL.