2006 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: I Love My Ranger So Much

2006 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

FX4 Level II SuperCab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

I Love My Ranger So Much
By deekellan on

2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Hyundai Elantra for this truck and I've never been happier! The extended cab is perfect for my work things (backpack, jacket, lunch),the body looks great. People compliment me on it all the time. The flared fenders really add some dirt cred to its stance, not like it needs it, but it still adds to the look. Driving it is just plain fun. On the street it's civilized but the Billstein shocks make their presence known a bit, and that's a good thing. It doesn't "ride" like a car at all, but yet doesn't bounce unnecessarily. Off-road you can really feel its purpose. Nothing stops this truck.It performs and looks great. What else can you want from a truck?

Looks great. Runs strong. Off-road stance sets it apart from other compact trucks. Billstein shocks, ALCOA rims are great additions. Interior is roomy without being too soft and car-like. Serious truck.

This is picky, but the blue trimmed bucket seats seem a bit off to me, since my truck is gray and black. Just gray seats would be better.