Used 2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I love it!
By SKINSFAN

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I must have a rare breed, I have a 2wd, auto, 4.0, XLT extended cab SB. I can never find this style when having to choose. This is my 2nd Ranger, my 1st one was a 1995 SB, 3.0 manual. I would still have it but was tired of shifting. Great dependable truck,. Looks good, simple design, excellent power, just simply put, I love everything about it. I traded in my 95 for an 02 F-150, had that less than a year before I realized I wanted to get back into something smaller and easier to drive.

Favorite Features

Simplistic design, torque/power, dependability.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything to make it better, without changing the simplicity of it.

Traded in the Toyota Tacoma
By Dean

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma because of all the rave expert reviews. I traded it in less than a year for the much lower rated Ford Ranger 2006. Why? The Ranger is the best market value - simply put you get more truck for the money. Another reason, cosmetic toughness - breath on Tacoma and it scuffs. Everything feels cheap. 18 years of engineering refinement in my opinion has made the Ranger rock solid. Donít pay attention to the experts. They most likely donít own the vehicles they recommend.

Favorite Features

Real world toughness. Simplicity in design.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy.

The perfect Midsize pickup - Fun truck
By Len Durst

I bought the yellow Ford Ranger with the super cab. It is my retirement present. It is so much fun to drive and has plenty of power. It is a solid midsize pickup truck. Great body and great engine. I had a Toyota truck before, but this is a real truck with great engineering and great lines. My wife loves the truck also. The Ford Ranger 4x is the perfect truck for man or woman drivers.

Favorite Features

The powerful, dependable engine. The smooth 4 wheel drive. The firm fun ride. The great engineering and modern lines. The pretty yellow color with the black trim. The great Ford bedliner. The great visibility and easy, fun handling. The sturdy quiet construction. The side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Heated sideview mirrors. Outdoor temperature display. Turn indicators built into the side mirrors. Don't change anything else.

Could be better
By Harper

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice truck for small tasks. Rides decent on the road and has enough power to romp on it when you need it. The interior lacks any kind of impressive style as well as getting anything in or out of the super cab is a pain since the seat only comes up so far and there is no suicide door. Also stereo could use a little work.

Favorite Features

The engine feels solid and provides good acceleration when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely better access to the super cab and better refinement on the interior cabin.

Great truck - almost 30mpg a BLAST!
By deeman

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With rebates this $19k truck came in around $15k. I worked with the dealer to find a SuperCab - 2WD - 4cylinder automatic. I don't plan to haul a lot but like the capability, and the ability to tow things. The acceleration on this truck is really good, never had too little power. With only 1,900 miles so far, I am getting 27mpg in a mix of highway and city driving and every tank shows a 2mpg improvement. I love this truck.

Favorite Features

Great ride, comfortable seats, SuperCab convenience, great sounding radio, great MPG and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Access to the SuperCab area with the 2 door (not the 4 door with the mini- doors) is really not great. Cupholders are too shallow and drinks can spill.