Used 2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Overall great truck
By Jason

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is one little machine, it does whatever i would like it to, great in the snowy winters in Wisconsin, the interior could be changed since its been the same for many years but thats not a big problem with me. Its just to bad i had to give it back since my lease was up and the buyout was to much. But i replaced it with and 2005 FX4 Ranger

Exterior design and the handling

change interior

Awesome Vehicle!
By aj

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful truck. The 4X4 system works great. Great gas mileage. we had a 2003 Mazda B3000 prior to purchacing this truck. The Mazda had a 3.0L V6; and the Ford has a 4.0L V6, so we were expecting to lose some gas milage, but no we did not. The Ford is just as easy on gas as the Mazda was. The 4.0L V6 has lots and lots and lots of power. The air conditioner works great.

Air conditioner, 4X4, automatic transmission, sound system,

None

Never again
By Pat

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my truck used 1 year ago with 12,000 miles on it. Just got back from my 5th visit to the dealer to have it repaired. Once for 4X4 transfer switch breaking, 3 times for transmission leak, and once for blown shock (the truck hauls air and has never pulled a trailer) and a clogged fuel filter. All with less than 24,000 miles. Oh, I have to go back next week to have the shock installed. The dealer had to order it. What's sad is that I really like the style and size of the truck. It's perfect for my needs, but I'm not going to have it spend as much time in my garage as it does as the dealers.

Style, size, radio, heater. A nicely put up truck.

Fuel economy, plus problems noted in my review. I may have got a lemon, but I notice that Consumer Reports rates this model as a used vehicle to stay away from. I wish I would have read that article before I bought.

Average American Vehicle
By James

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Gas mileage should be better. I had to pay for jack bolts to be installed so the front end could be aligned. These items used to be installed at the factory. Neither Ford or the dealer would assist with the expense. the front end could not be aligned without this $200 expense at 8000 miles. I will consider a Toyota or Honda for my next truck.

Taller doors for ease of entry than found on most small trucks.

If Ford or their dealers are not going to repair or replace items not installed at the factory or honor warranty repairs then they should not be allowed to sell and advertise these products.

It's a blast
By shorty6

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Toy's but design is quircky. I'm 6'3"& easily fit behind wheel in Ranger. I run 30K/yr. When I need to haul heavy, this is the truck! Ride is very good with 100# or more in the bed, kinda choppy without a load but it is a truck. 4 cyl. is 143hp, yahooo! It gets on the hiway fast, stops on a dime, 27-29 mpg, blows away other trucks ie Nissan, Chevy Colorado, Toys in price!, in value!, in economy!, in performance!, in maintanence cost! My '98 Ranger gave me 218,000 miles. The difference in price to competition buys an awful lot of fuel and repairs if any. At 100K, I only have standard maintainence. Ford will lose me if Ranger go's away. I love its big hp in small package, blastoff!

Awesome seats in XLT, great for 500 mile trips. Real tight front end, no floating nose. Excellent gas mileage at 100K=28avg. Very good seat position, look down on hood. Love the low rumble exhaust note. Standard tach great for snow travel with stick. Tough to get stuck in snow on Supercab 2wd.

Lose the fat steering wheel. Make the seat go back another 2" for tall people. Offer longbed on the supercab like F150. Raise roof height. Bring back the Edge. I like riding high! Better isolate from road noise. Increase load capacity. More options for XL.