2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great truck
By ed on 05/25/08 03:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used, and so far I love it. It drives great, I get 21.7 mpg so far. Just look around and you can see all the rangers still on the road. I'm a tall guy and can stretch out all the way. This one is loaded with everything so complaints.

I Love My Ranger So Much
By deekellan on 11/24/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Hyundai Elantra for this truck and I've never been happier! The extended cab is perfect for my work things (backpack, jacket, lunch),the body looks great. People compliment me on it all the time. The flared fenders really add some dirt cred to its stance, not like it needs it, but it still adds to the look. Driving it is just plain fun. On the street it's civilized but the Billstein shocks make their presence known a bit, and that's a good thing. It doesn't "ride" like a car at all, but yet doesn't bounce unnecessarily. Off-road you can really feel its purpose. Nothing stops this truck.It performs and looks great. What else can you want from a truck?

Good truck, great old time engineering
By Shook on 05/27/07 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is about my 5th Ranger had them from '83 to '06, including a rare Ranger GT. This is by far the best. I have the 4:10 posi rear, with the 4.0 automatic. The truck is very responsive, steering feels great with the rack and pinion, and rides nice with the torsion bar front end. Overall the older engineering to me is just well proven, like the dash borrowed from 95 era explorer, simple, functional, and reliable. The rugged looks of this truck are unbeatable. I've had it for over a year now and have had zero problems. Sadly I think these Rangers are last of a breed, Ford will be forced to downsize the engines due to emmissions regs, and probably change the body and frame setups.

tough little workhorse
By Tim on 03/26/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We use it on the farm, to and from town and for an occasional commuter vehicle. The 2.3L and manual transmission move it quite well. It has enough torque to use in the fields (with real AT tires added) and still gets 27+ MPG on the highway.

FX4 Level II Ranger
By Phil on 01/11/07 16:31 PM (PST)

I bought this to replace an 04 Suburban 2WD. I love the look of the truck and it seems to be VERY solidly built. I wish Ford would get their act together and improve the gas mileage of the 4.0 V-6. I have to say it is the worst thing about the truck. Also, I haven't owned it long enough to know about its reliability, but at least I have a warranty!

I love it!
By SKINSFAN on 01/11/07 16:28 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I must have a rare breed, I have a 2wd, auto, 4.0, XLT extended cab SB. I can never find this style when having to choose. This is my 2nd Ranger, my 1st one was a 1995 SB, 3.0 manual. I would still have it but was tired of shifting. Great dependable truck,. Looks good, simple design, excellent power, just simply put, I love everything about it. I traded in my 95 for an 02 F-150, had that less than a year before I realized I wanted to get back into something smaller and easier to drive.

Traded in the Toyota Tacoma
By Dean on 11/19/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma because of all the rave expert reviews. I traded it in less than a year for the much lower rated Ford Ranger 2006. Why? The Ranger is the best market value - simply put you get more truck for the money. Another reason, cosmetic toughness - breath on Tacoma and it scuffs. Everything feels cheap. 18 years of engineering refinement in my opinion has made the Ranger rock solid. Donít pay attention to the experts. They most likely donít own the vehicles they recommend.

The perfect Midsize pickup - Fun truck
By Len Durst on 11/07/06 06:53 AM (PST)

I bought the yellow Ford Ranger with the super cab. It is my retirement present. It is so much fun to drive and has plenty of power. It is a solid midsize pickup truck. Great body and great engine. I had a Toyota truck before, but this is a real truck with great engineering and great lines. My wife loves the truck also. The Ford Ranger 4x is the perfect truck for man or woman drivers.

Could be better
By Harper on 11/02/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice truck for small tasks. Rides decent on the road and has enough power to romp on it when you need it. The interior lacks any kind of impressive style as well as getting anything in or out of the super cab is a pain since the seat only comes up so far and there is no suicide door. Also stereo could use a little work.

Great truck - almost 30mpg a BLAST!
By deeman on 09/06/06 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With rebates this $19k truck came in around $15k. I worked with the dealer to find a SuperCab - 2WD - 4cylinder automatic. I don't plan to haul a lot but like the capability, and the ability to tow things. The acceleration on this truck is really good, never had too little power. With only 1,900 miles so far, I am getting 27mpg in a mix of highway and city driving and every tank shows a 2mpg improvement. I love this truck.