Used 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

I Love My Ranger So Much
By deekellan

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Hyundai Elantra for this truck and I've never been happier! The extended cab is perfect for my work things (backpack, jacket, lunch),the body looks great. People compliment me on it all the time. The flared fenders really add some dirt cred to its stance, not like it needs it, but it still adds to the look. Driving it is just plain fun. On the street it's civilized but the Billstein shocks make their presence known a bit, and that's a good thing. It doesn't "ride" like a car at all, but yet doesn't bounce unnecessarily. Off-road you can really feel its purpose. Nothing stops this truck.It performs and looks great. What else can you want from a truck?

Favorite Features

Looks great. Runs strong. Off-road stance sets it apart from other compact trucks. Billstein shocks, ALCOA rims are great additions. Interior is roomy without being too soft and car-like. Serious truck.

Suggested Improvements

This is picky, but the blue trimmed bucket seats seem a bit off to me, since my truck is gray and black. Just gray seats would be better.

FX4 Level II Ranger
By Phil

I bought this to replace an 04 Suburban 2WD. I love the look of the truck and it seems to be VERY solidly built. I wish Ford would get their act together and improve the gas mileage of the 4.0 V-6. I have to say it is the worst thing about the truck. Also, I haven't owned it long enough to know about its reliability, but at least I have a warranty!

Favorite Features

The overall appearance is GREAT and I like my leather seats. The interior is small but seems to be laid out well with everything within reach.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE!

FX4 level II
By Matt

I purchased my 2006 FX4 II about a week ago. I have never been ashamed of myself for doing so. I have a five-speed manual and the 6-cd MP3 system. It goes right up to speed, runs around 2500rpm at 75, and has one heck of a sound system.

Favorite Features

Torque, MP3 sound system, off-road stance.

Suggested Improvements

More rear room, more rim selection.

Ford Ranger LEVEL 2
By Dave

I bought it for towing, off roading sometimes both at the same time. And I commute to work in it. It has performed flawlessly. Couldn't ask for a better truck, I would say it's even with Toyota with quality and fit and finish, except the Ranger is still small enough to run on the narrow trails in the mountains, and it's cheaper to purchase and operate.

Favorite Features

Standard features, and my leather bucket seats.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I would suggest is offer a v8 Ranger 4x4.