2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

FX4 Level II SuperCab (4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
I Love My Ranger So Much
By deekellan on 11/24/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4 Level II 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Hyundai Elantra for this truck and I've never been happier! The extended cab is perfect for my work things (backpack, jacket, lunch),the body looks great. People compliment me on it all the time. The flared fenders really add some dirt cred to its stance, not like it needs it, but it still adds to the look. Driving it is just plain fun. On the street it's civilized but the Billstein shocks make their presence known a bit, and that's a good thing. It doesn't "ride" like a car at all, but yet doesn't bounce unnecessarily. Off-road you can really feel its purpose. Nothing stops this truck.It performs and looks great. What else can you want from a truck?

FX4 Level II Ranger
By Phil on 01/11/07 16:31 PM (PST)

I bought this to replace an 04 Suburban 2WD. I love the look of the truck and it seems to be VERY solidly built. I wish Ford would get their act together and improve the gas mileage of the 4.0 V-6. I have to say it is the worst thing about the truck. Also, I haven't owned it long enough to know about its reliability, but at least I have a warranty!

FX4 level II
By Matt on 08/18/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

I purchased my 2006 FX4 II about a week ago. I have never been ashamed of myself for doing so. I have a five-speed manual and the 6-cd MP3 system. It goes right up to speed, runs around 2500rpm at 75, and has one heck of a sound system.

Ford Ranger LEVEL 2
By Dave on 07/09/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

I bought it for towing, off roading sometimes both at the same time. And I commute to work in it. It has performed flawlessly. Couldn't ask for a better truck, I would say it's even with Toyota with quality and fit and finish, except the Ranger is still small enough to run on the narrow trails in the mountains, and it's cheaper to purchase and operate.