Used 2006 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

It's a truck.
By kdub989

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine used off Clist. Love my truck! The 4cyl isn't fast on steep grades but neither am I. However, with the 4cyl and 5spd, I'm averaging 29.5mpg combined and 32.2mpg hwy and that's running the a/c and with a Leer canopy. The truck is very quiet and comfortable that we prefer to take it on long road trips instead of our honda, subaru or dodge caliber. Our ranger is a 2wd but I installed a powertrax no-slip in the rear end and off road it's fantastic. I've pulled a small utility trailer with 2 motorcycles on it with no problems. I've had zero problems with our truck. It handles well on windy twisty back roads and is a great truck for exploring those same roads.

Ride quality, quiet cab, gas mileage, comfortable, reliable, will haul what ever we need. The cab is roomy enough. Cheap to maintain and insure.

This truck has the XLT package and all the power options but still doesn't have adjustable lumbar support and would have liked the auto dimming mirror. The gas mileage is superb with the 4cyl, 5speed combo but would be nice if the 4cyl had a bit more torque and at a lower rpm. It's quite usable as is but ........ Wish the headlights were a bit brighter.

It's a blast
By shorty6

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Toy's but design is quircky. I'm 6'3"& easily fit behind wheel in Ranger. I run 30K/yr. When I need to haul heavy, this is the truck! Ride is very good with 100# or more in the bed, kinda choppy without a load but it is a truck. 4 cyl. is 143hp, yahooo! It gets on the hiway fast, stops on a dime, 27-29 mpg, blows away other trucks ie Nissan, Chevy Colorado, Toys in price!, in value!, in economy!, in performance!, in maintanence cost! My '98 Ranger gave me 218,000 miles. The difference in price to competition buys an awful lot of fuel and repairs if any. At 100K, I only have standard maintainence. Ford will lose me if Ranger go's away. I love its big hp in small package, blastoff!

Awesome seats in XLT, great for 500 mile trips. Real tight front end, no floating nose. Excellent gas mileage at 100K=28avg. Very good seat position, look down on hood. Love the low rumble exhaust note. Standard tach great for snow travel with stick. Tough to get stuck in snow on Supercab 2wd.

Lose the fat steering wheel. Make the seat go back another 2" for tall people. Offer longbed on the supercab like F150. Raise roof height. Bring back the Edge. I like riding high! Better isolate from road noise. Increase load capacity. More options for XL.

Great truck - almost 30mpg a BLAST!
By deeman

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With rebates this $19k truck came in around $15k. I worked with the dealer to find a SuperCab - 2WD - 4cylinder automatic. I don't plan to haul a lot but like the capability, and the ability to tow things. The acceleration on this truck is really good, never had too little power. With only 1,900 miles so far, I am getting 27mpg in a mix of highway and city driving and every tank shows a 2mpg improvement. I love this truck.

Great ride, comfortable seats, SuperCab convenience, great sounding radio, great MPG and acceleration.

Access to the SuperCab area with the 2 door (not the 4 door with the mini- doors) is really not great. Cupholders are too shallow and drinks can spill.