2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
It's a truck.
By kdub989 on 10/18/12 10:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine used off Clist. Love my truck! The 4cyl isn't fast on steep grades but neither am I. However, with the 4cyl and 5spd, I'm averaging 29.5mpg combined and 32.2mpg hwy and that's running the a/c and with a Leer canopy. The truck is very quiet and comfortable that we prefer to take it on long road trips instead of our honda, subaru or dodge caliber. Our ranger is a 2wd but I installed a powertrax no-slip in the rear end and off road it's fantastic. I've pulled a small utility trailer with 2 motorcycles on it with no problems. I've had zero problems with our truck. It handles well on windy twisty back roads and is a great truck for exploring those same roads.

Awesome Little Truck
By Pbennett on 09/02/10 17:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After looking at new trucks and suffering sticker shock, I started looking at used trucks and I was still shocked! The prices they wanted for Toyotas and Nissan trucks was outrageous. I knew I was just buying a name, since my research shows that the Ford trucks were either better or on par with any Japanese truck. I bought my 2006 Ranger XLT SuperCab for $10,000. It had 43,000 miles on it and came with the reliable, Vulcan 3.0 V6. Yes, the Ranger is dated but Ford has worked 99% of the Bugs out of this truck line. I don't need a Godzilla Truck with a Godzilla price tag, to haul brush, furniture, my dead deer and me to work everyday! This is a super truck no matter how you look at it!

great and fun truck
By mtaylorjr on 02/08/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second ranger I have owned. I love this truck, its fun to drive and is fun to play with in the mud

workhorse 2nd vehicle
By Tom W on 12/19/09 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XL 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a new Demo KIA Optima and found the trunk space so lacking that when I saw this little Ranger I bought it without haggling. Great, and since I bought it the KIA just sits and waits with a now dead battery. I find the 2.3 L I-4 lacking in power, but a change of air filter worked wonders, as did dropping TWO tire sizes when I had to replace the tires. MUCH easier and simpler to drive. My one complaint is the clunky manual five speed, and I don't think they make a good one, they all share the same shortcomings. Mileage for such a small engine is so- so. I feel it ought to be better. Otherwise this is a darn good little truck. I note the new ones now offer ONLY two engines

Overall great truck
By Jason on 03/04/09 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is one little machine, it does whatever i would like it to, great in the snowy winters in Wisconsin, the interior could be changed since its been the same for many years but thats not a big problem with me. Its just to bad i had to give it back since my lease was up and the buyout was to much. But i replaced it with and 2005 FX4 Ranger

Awesome Vehicle!
By aj on 01/20/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful truck. The 4X4 system works great. Great gas mileage. we had a 2003 Mazda B3000 prior to purchacing this truck. The Mazda had a 3.0L V6; and the Ford has a 4.0L V6, so we were expecting to lose some gas milage, but no we did not. The Ford is just as easy on gas as the Mazda was. The 4.0L V6 has lots and lots and lots of power. The air conditioner works great.

Never again
By Pat on 01/10/09 12:28 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my truck used 1 year ago with 12,000 miles on it. Just got back from my 5th visit to the dealer to have it repaired. Once for 4X4 transfer switch breaking, 3 times for transmission leak, and once for blown shock (the truck hauls air and has never pulled a trailer) and a clogged fuel filter. All with less than 24,000 miles. Oh, I have to go back next week to have the shock installed. The dealer had to order it. What's sad is that I really like the style and size of the truck. It's perfect for my needs, but I'm not going to have it spend as much time in my garage as it does as the dealers.

Average American Vehicle
By James on 11/20/08 15:02 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Gas mileage should be better. I had to pay for jack bolts to be installed so the front end could be aligned. These items used to be installed at the factory. Neither Ford or the dealer would assist with the expense. the front end could not be aligned without this $200 expense at 8000 miles. I will consider a Toyota or Honda for my next truck.

It's a blast
By shorty6 on 09/29/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab XLT 2dr SuperCab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at Toy's but design is quircky. I'm 6'3"& easily fit behind wheel in Ranger. I run 30K/yr. When I need to haul heavy, this is the truck! Ride is very good with 100# or more in the bed, kinda choppy without a load but it is a truck. 4 cyl. is 143hp, yahooo! It gets on the hiway fast, stops on a dime, 27-29 mpg, blows away other trucks ie Nissan, Chevy Colorado, Toys in price!, in value!, in economy!, in performance!, in maintanence cost! My '98 Ranger gave me 218,000 miles. The difference in price to competition buys an awful lot of fuel and repairs if any. At 100K, I only have standard maintainence. Ford will lose me if Ranger go's away. I love its big hp in small package, blastoff!

Great truck
By ed on 05/25/08 03:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Ranger SuperCab SPORT 4dr SuperCab Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used, and so far I love it. It drives great, I get 21.7 mpg so far. Just look around and you can see all the rangers still on the road. I'm a tall guy and can stretch out all the way. This one is loaded with everything so complaints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.