Test Drive Them All
By Mediocre on
2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I bought my Ford in 2005 when they had the employees discount promotion. When I test drove the truck things were OK. The ride was better when I bought the truck than it is now. Every once in a while there is a creaking noise from the right side when you go over something crooked. The 4.0L engine is enough to do anything I need but the interior misses with quality. The dash plastics on the drivers side don't come together right, and there are varoius rattles, squeaks, and creeks that everyone tells me are "normal operating noises"-yeah right! The 150's ride better but are too much money. Why not put that quality into the Ranger series of trucks Ford? I mean quiet is nice in a truck too.
Favorite Features
Engine. Nice power and giddy up! Tranny shifts smooth, sometimes rough. Style. Mags are nice, design is OK.
Suggested Improvements
Overhaul the style of the truck. Seems the interior and exterior hasn't changed that much in 10 years. Better quality on interior items. Quiet up the cab for wind noise and block out exterior noise. Quieter ride would be nice.