2005 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Supercab Facts
By Lee Luna on 12/16/04 03:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third Ranger I have owned, have never had to bring them in to the dealer for anything whatsoever, I know some of the vehicle reviews have stated that the Ranger is outdated in several areas, but why meddle with success? it always starts, takes me where i want to go, never quits while running and is very good on gasoline.

great truck
By knox on 11/23/04 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ford Rangers are simply the best light truck to own. I recently just got a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 off- road. I have gone off roading with it. The truck is very dependable, in the woods. It's definitely a must buy.

xlt
By kevin krash on 11/16/04 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great truck. good on gas, gets me where i want to go

Quality
By Luckyjp on 11/13/04 16:38 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 2 Rangers now and I myst say for a small pickup there is no other value for your money. The ride, the handling,and the all around Quality and performance is second to none Thank you Ford Motor Company

ranger danger(for competition, that is!)
By zitro on 11/09/04 15:59 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i previously owned a chevrolet S-10. i couldnt be more dissapointed. it had to be the worst vehicle i ever owned. i went to ford and bought a ranger. i couldnt beleive the difference. everything about this car is great and much better than the S-10. engine refinement, power, handling, ride, and the overall vehicle beats chevy in every way. i would list it all, but its too much. its just that good.

Terrible Gas mileage
By ChasBmn on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If I knew the gas mileage was going to be so bad I would have bought a Full Size Truck.This truck is going to make be go broke buying gas!!!!!!!!!

Terrible Ride
By Andrew Sievert on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This Truck is good in many ways, however it has the most irritating vibration in the seat(rear end problem) between 20-50 mph the rear just shakes and vibrates. I tried to have the dealer fix it but they could not and then on my 4th visit they had a Ford engineer inspect it The conclusion was that this is how the truck is supposed to perform and there is no fix available. I just got it july 29,2004 and will be syuck with it for a long time to come. I would recommend you look elswhere if comfort and a smooth ride are important.

Fun to drive
By greenbay on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is fun to drive. This is a compact truck with a full size feel. The 4.0L V-6 engine has plenty power. I have no power loss when pulling a 17 foot Searay. I love my truck. The dealer was easy to deal with and with the rebates that was offered I feel this is the best bargain out there.