Used 2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Cab Interior bad
By Lworth

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Cab is a smaller confined area than 2000 Ranger. You cannot see over the seats to observe traffic coming from your right kinda behind you. Rear view is mirrors only; very dangerous with a closed high seat back area.

Favorite Features

Looks to me is what sells Ford Rangers and the 4 wheel drive handling, engaged or not, is always the best of any vehicle I have driven.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the old fashioned always showing mileage indicator; the one now is small and very hard to see and the key must be on.

Reliable, durable, no frills
By iowadoc

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this at the end of the whole "employee discount" deal. Looked on the internet through the Ford web site (which lets you see the actual sticker on the car) to find the most basic Ranger XLT 4x4. I'm finding I like this truck more and more. I like the simple-almost-austere but very functional design. Fit and finish is very good. First weekend I had it I drove it to Kansas City, 350 miles. My youngest daughter, who gets car sick, complemented the ride. Plenty of room for our gear behind the seats. Handles very well. Now, with about 3K on the engine I'm getting 20 mph in everyday driving, 22 highway. I recommend this vehicle without reservations.

Favorite Features

Excellent ground clearance. Easy to use 4WD system (no levers to pull). Stock radio is actually pretty good. Handling is smooth and balanced.

Suggested Improvements

None actually. I'm very pleased with the stock truck. No complaints at all.

I love it
By MartyP

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck overall. The price was especially attractive with all the rebates and employee pricing. It was a pleasure to not have to bargain. The only thing I don't like about the truck is the placement of the parking brake release and, of course, the poor mileage. I have the biggest engine (4.0L) and get 19 mpg at best. The running boards look good but aren't any practical use. They just get in the way when entering/exiting. But, it pulls my 22' boat with ease. The comfortable quiet ride is really a happy surprise. In sum, it is a good solid relatively inexpensive small truck that does everything it is supposed to and will for years to come.

Favorite Features

Price. Comfort. Looks. Little arrow on gas gauge.

Suggested Improvements

Make parking brake release more ergonomic. Higher mpg.

I love my baby
By alicia

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new vehicle that I have bought and I love every bit of it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the fact that the sun visor comes low enough that it blocks the sun but does not interfere with my ability to see when a stop light turns green.

Suggested Improvements

I would really like to see a better traction control on the road both when it is wet and dry. I know it's a truck and all but if the ride was a little smoother I think it would improve the overall Ranger experience.

review
By Bob

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very nice auto, smooth ride, radio should not be so generic -- it looks cheap. Needs better speakers.

Favorite Features

4x4.

Suggested Improvements

All should be 4 door, not so generic radio.