2005 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
I love my baby
By alicia on 09/23/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new vehicle that I have bought and I love every bit of it.

Good Ole' Truck---FOR A FORD
By JARHEAD on 09/17/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL 4WD Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Good overall for recreation use, farm use, work use, but not for trying to raise a family. It is a compact truck, but sometimes I feel 2 people in the front is too much. Overall it is a good truck, strong power on the low end, but lacks oomph above 65. Suspension is a bit stiff, almost like driving a solid front axle. I would recommend this truck. Wanning, for a compact truck the gas economy stinks! 16/20.

review
By Bob on 09/05/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very nice auto, smooth ride, radio should not be so generic -- it looks cheap. Needs better speakers.

another Ford
By dave on 09/05/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 3.0 just doesn't have the power for today's highways;, not even talking about the poor gas mileage of 18.5 if I am real careful. Just sold my '91 Ranger with 168,000 and it was able to get 22+ miles per gal. and the 4.0 engine was very great with plenty of power.

Almost as much fun as my Stang was!
By X-StangOwnr on 08/08/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just took delivery of this truck on 8/6/05. So far I am very pleased with its capabilities and appearance. I traded the 2000 Mustang due to rising fuel costs. But having a brand-spankin' new Ford Truck with good mpg is worth it! I really like the ride height and the 16" wheels wrapped in BFG's. Makes my 4x2 look like a 4x4. I also got the Dark Shadow Gray Metallic paint...BEAUTIFUL! As for value, I bought it under Ford's Family Plan. The sticker was $18,788. I paid $12,620! If you're gonna buy a Ford ... DO IT NOW! AWESOME DEALS!

Great Buy
By Larson on 08/01/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I choose to buy a Ranger over the newer completion, mainly because I'm a Ford guy, and I just simply like it. I recommend it to anyone.

perfect for a college guy
By DK on 07/26/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently had the transmission go out in my Chevy. I was looking for something new and I found the Ranger Edge. It's awesome in every aspect. It has great power, and is fun to drive. I have to commute to college so it's perfect. It's not a 4 banger car with no power or a gas guzzling V8. It's one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Sold on the Ranger 2005
By Fraser Ellis on 07/16/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned a 2002 and turned it in for a 2005. It has really been developed into a great truck.

Best truck I ever had
By j phillips on 06/26/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has never had a problem, I pull out stumps, ride over sand dunes, and run it as hard as I can. One tough truck.

Desert Rat
By Bob H on 06/19/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to explore the Southwest deserts. As I can afford only one vehicle this truck perfectly meets all my personal and recreational needs. It is small enough to be quite maneuverable yet large enough to handle all my traveling requirements, including sleeping in the rear. Thus far it has gone everywhere I have pointed it without a hitch or complaint.