2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
another Ford
By dave on 09/05/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 3.0 just doesn't have the power for today's highways;, not even talking about the poor gas mileage of 18.5 if I am real careful. Just sold my '91 Ranger with 168,000 and it was able to get 22+ miles per gal. and the 4.0 engine was very great with plenty of power.

Great Buy
By Larson on 08/01/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I choose to buy a Ranger over the newer completion, mainly because I'm a Ford guy, and I just simply like it. I recommend it to anyone.

perfect for a college guy
By DK on 07/26/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently had the transmission go out in my Chevy. I was looking for something new and I found the Ranger Edge. It's awesome in every aspect. It has great power, and is fun to drive. I have to commute to college so it's perfect. It's not a 4 banger car with no power or a gas guzzling V8. It's one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Sold on the Ranger 2005
By Fraser Ellis on 07/16/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned a 2002 and turned it in for a 2005. It has really been developed into a great truck.

Best truck I ever had
By j phillips on 06/26/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has never had a problem, I pull out stumps, ride over sand dunes, and run it as hard as I can. One tough truck.

Desert Rat
By Bob H on 06/19/05 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab EDGE 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to explore the Southwest deserts. As I can afford only one vehicle this truck perfectly meets all my personal and recreational needs. It is small enough to be quite maneuverable yet large enough to handle all my traveling requirements, including sleeping in the rear. Thus far it has gone everywhere I have pointed it without a hitch or complaint.

Best Truck Made
By Angela on 06/18/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted this truck for a long time and finally came up with the funds to get it. It is wonderful! I am a very picky person and I can not find anything wrong with it. It is the best truck ever made!

Wonderful Truck
By madmaxoohhh on 06/17/05 11:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Surprisingly good build quality and great off-road capability.

Love my RANGER
By MadMax on 05/16/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very impressed with the build quality, and ergonomic features of the vehicle. Great support and service from my local Ford dealer (surprisingly). Former BMW and Porsche owner, so I know how service and fit and finish should be.

Ford Travel Machine
By "Glenn Alford on 05/12/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Ranger is used daily for city transportation and occasionally for vacation travel. I have only one complaint and that is the gas mileage needs to be improved for highway driving. I ordered the 4 door Super Cab 4.0 V6 with the 5-speed automatic and 4:10 gearing so I could pull a small travel trailer. The truck has more than enough power even when used in the Colorado Mountains. The tachometer shows 2600 RPM in 5th gear at 70 MPH, it just needs another gear for empty highway crushing.