2005 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: 2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4Lit

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Review

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4Litre 4x4
By FMD on

2005 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after looking at vehicles for about 2 months. It was the best deal out there. Anyways, so far I really like it. Goes great in the snow even with the open rear. Shift on the fly is cool for 4WD. Also awesome handling offroad. On the road, has good handling. Although, the truck shakes a lot when you hit a medium sized bump at any speed above 30MPH. A little weight in the bed does a good job dampening that down though. Gas mileage leaves a bit to be desired. I average about 17MPG mostly city driving. Not the greatest, not the worst either. Dependability has been good, always starts. Had a transmission problem at 5000 miles. Dealer fixed. Other than that love my truck! :o)

Styling. Color; many other trucks don't offer such a nice shade of red. Older Ranger parts for the most part are compatible. Like my skid plate which is off a 2001, and my transfer case plate is off a 1998. Perfect fit. Highly customizable. Good looking truck. Rubber floor!

Gas mileage. With prices topping $2.25 a gallon, it'd be nice to have an "economy" feature to squeeze out more mpg. But it is a truck. Could stabilize rear axle so it doesn't shake so much at higher speed when hitting bumps. And more cushion to the seats. And better cloth, so it doesn't stain so easily.