2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
mountaingoat
By Preston on 03/09/07 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck as a replacement for one that was totaled in a wreck. It is a daily driver to and from work mainly but in the fall and winter this little truck really shines when we go through the mountains here in VA hunting for deer. If the tires could get traction on a tree I think it would climb it. The 4-wheel drive system has never let me down and I have been in some pretty bad places.

A sporty truck...
By mike surf on 12/13/06 01:22 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wonderfully comfortable seats, good handling, and I like the "trucky" styling. My 3rd Ranger.

Best value & great seat comfort
By mikesurf on 11/18/06 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yes, the Ranger is an old design, but it's also a good design. This is a truck, not a luxury car, and it is not meant to be a luxury car. However, it does have the most comfortable seats I have ever experienced--they actually support a guy's shoulders, which almost no other vehicle's seats do. I like the style, particularly the two tone cloth seats which give the truck a sporty look. Engine performance is adequate, and seems very quiet at cruise. A fine truck, and thousands less w/ Ford incentives than any Japanese brand truck.

Exactly what I wanted
By Ranger XLT on 08/15/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was looking for a small truck that would tow my boats, haul my diving and camping equipment, ride easy on the long trips, get decent gas mileage, and still fit in small parking spaces. This one does it all, and looks good doing it. We even used it to tow a loaded car from Iowa to Oregon, and it did it with ease.

Good Truck
By fenderdh69 on 06/05/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very solid truck, I love to drive it.

Cab Interior bad
By Lworth on 12/23/05 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Cab is a smaller confined area than 2000 Ranger. You cannot see over the seats to observe traffic coming from your right kinda behind you. Rear view is mirrors only; very dangerous with a closed high seat back area.

Reliable, durable, no frills
By iowadoc on 11/09/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this at the end of the whole "employee discount" deal. Looked on the internet through the Ford web site (which lets you see the actual sticker on the car) to find the most basic Ranger XLT 4x4. I'm finding I like this truck more and more. I like the simple-almost-austere but very functional design. Fit and finish is very good. First weekend I had it I drove it to Kansas City, 350 miles. My youngest daughter, who gets car sick, complemented the ride. Plenty of room for our gear behind the seats. Handles very well. Now, with about 3K on the engine I'm getting 20 mph in everyday driving, 22 highway. I recommend this vehicle without reservations.

I love it
By MartyP on 10/17/05 11:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck overall. The price was especially attractive with all the rebates and employee pricing. It was a pleasure to not have to bargain. The only thing I don't like about the truck is the placement of the parking brake release and, of course, the poor mileage. I have the biggest engine (4.0L) and get 19 mpg at best. The running boards look good but aren't any practical use. They just get in the way when entering/exiting. But, it pulls my 22' boat with ease. The comfortable quiet ride is really a happy surprise. In sum, it is a good solid relatively inexpensive small truck that does everything it is supposed to and will for years to come.

I love my baby
By alicia on 09/23/05 23:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab EDGE Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new vehicle that I have bought and I love every bit of it.

review
By Bob on 09/05/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very nice auto, smooth ride, radio should not be so generic -- it looks cheap. Needs better speakers.