2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great little truck.
By James Patterson on 07/01/10 22:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My dad bought the truck to be my future vehicle. Great for around town driving and trips to/from Lowes, not great for heavy hauling and towing. A/C and heater work GREAT because of the small size of the cab. sank this one into a hole while delivering hay and pulled it right out, no damage. the Vulcan V6 leaves some to be desired but it can hold its own. no maintenance besides normal checkups needed. runs like a Swiss watch, never had any strange sounds. the engine does vapor release with a click quite a bit more often then other cars but no problem. The truck gets good mileage but the tank is small. expect to fill up a bit more often. I like to think of it as a car with a large trunk.

My truck
By Tina Ashworth on 01/09/05 16:20 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the reliability and fuel economy. However, I notice that tire traction could be better and the styling is a bit dated.

Supercab Facts
By Lee Luna on 12/16/04 03:10 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third Ranger I have owned, have never had to bring them in to the dealer for anything whatsoever, I know some of the vehicle reviews have stated that the Ranger is outdated in several areas, but why meddle with success? it always starts, takes me where i want to go, never quits while running and is very good on gasoline.

xlt
By kevin krash on 11/16/04 10:37 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

great truck. good on gas, gets me where i want to go