Used 2005 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

My favorite Ford
By BT

2005 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned a 1999 Ranger 4x4 Supercab,the 2005 is quieter, has more power for passing and merging on the interstate, and the 4 wheel ABS brakes have excellent stopping power without grabbing or being noisy.The color I got was Sonic blue very nice color.

Favorite Features

Smooth 5 speed Automatic Transmission, Quiet and Comfortable ride, and the Sonic blue paint with matching 2 tone interior seats.

Suggested Improvements

More MPG, factory installed Nerf bars.

50,000 miles with my FX4 4WD Ford Ranger
By Fred

I have put 50,000 miles on my truck, including some serious low range 4WD on old mining roads. The original shocks stink, I replaced them with Rancho Adjustables which vastly improved the handling. I use my Ranger for work and play. The truck with the lumbar adjustable seats is reasonably comfortable for a long day's drive. I have had no problems what so ever with it. Would I buy another one? Probably, it's good value for the money.

Favorite Features

This is my first 4WD. I love the options it has given me for exploring remote areas and camping, I also love having storage behind the seats.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension, bigger brakes, better seats, a factory sound system on par with Toyota's Tundra stock system and a 6 speed gear box, 1st gear is a bit tall.

some things have been better
By Kelly

Owned a 2002 and now a new 2004 Fx4 II off road package on both trucks. The brakes are an improvement from the 02 in 03 and up you can feel and tell the difference in stopping with the bigger drums and rotors. The new gauge dash cluster is trendy but a step down from before loss of real oil pressure gage and volt gage 02 had. Now just idiot lights, not a good trade off. Mid speed vibration in chassis is still there. Empty passenger seats vibrate. With new leather seating option I lost the lumbar seat adjustments had on the 02. Also they dropped the driver, passenger side map lights from the over-head door light, which is a must for off roading. Good truck, expect better from Ford.

Favorite Features

Factory mp3 player is good option now. Alcoa wheels and B.F. GOODRICH tires. limited slip rear end. dark tinted windows. automatic trans.

Suggested Improvements

put mud flaps back on the front of truck again from the factory, had to take my factory front flaps off the 02 ranger and put on the new 04. give us back a full gage package. i.e volt and oil gages that were taken out and replaced with lights. factory alarm system/ Keyless/panic button don't get it.

I love my Ranger.
By Brammell

The title says it all. I LOVE MY RANGER.

Favorite Features

Power gobs of it.

Suggested Improvements

More power little bit bigger all around lift the off road edition 2 more inches.