2005 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Yum, I like to eat tires
By Mike on 03/26/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my little 4 cyl. for about 10k. It has nothing but ac, spray in bedliner, and a cd player. I like the interior and the seats okay. My problem is it always eats the tires. I have the tires rotated, and the alignment check over and over and yet it still eats the inside of the front left. Ford says there is nothing wrong with it.. You get what you pay for. I want something new but my wife won't let me get anything worthwhile and we don't have much money so 10k is 10k. Stay away if you aren't poor like me.

My last Ford Purchase
By JRT1 on 04/06/05 22:21 PM (PDT)

I have had the clutch replaced because of a loud squeaking sound. Took 9 trips to dealerships to get fixed. Vehicle does have problems when trying to start. Have to continuously grind it to get started. Will never buy another Ford. Ford Motor Company refuses to do anything with the problem I have with a fender that is dulled off and has lost its metallic finish. Also, they say there is nothing they can do regarding the paint overspray on the left front fender. So much for help from the home office!