The Lil' Ranger that can
By 68CudaGuy on
2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Since this is the 5th Ranger I've owned I'd have to say I really like them. Had a 85, 88, 91, and 97 before this 04. Still have the 91 with 280,000 miles so far. I've got the 3.0l and 5 speed manual and even going back and forth to Birmingham AL last week for classes I got 26+ mpg at some crazy 75-80mph speeds. She's no speed demon but as far as trucks go but I feel confident enough to drive her on any interstate. I do plan on doing a few things to improve horsepower and mileage as I can afford them. My wish list includes a cat back exhaust system, Edge Performance piggyback chip, K&N Fuel injection setup, 180 degree thermostat, and I'm considering replacing the fan with an electric unit.
Favorite Features
Clean good looks are a marked improvement over the previous body style. Looks more like a mini F150 instead of a pregnant guppy. Seats are stiff but comfortable. Nice radio with CD player, just wish I could have found one with an upgraded sound system. Try putting a real spare in these trucks Ford!
Suggested Improvements
BIGGER MIRRORS! A little more horse power at a usable RPM would be nice. Pop out rear windows for cross ventilation. Bumpers on the XL and the XLT are flimsy and ugly. They ruin the truck, come up with something better Ford. Too much cheesy plastic. Try aluminum in interior - would look better.