Good Truck so far
By bigmc83 on
2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
Edge 4wd Supercab with 4L/ 5 spd manual. Great truck overall, has not let me down until recently. Freeway driving is good, has hauled plenty of stuff. Kegs, plywood, mulch...it does it all with no complaints. Towed my boat this past summer which was borderline overweight, but it did it with no problems. Unfortunately now the clutch slave/master cylinder is going. It did this last year and had it "fixed" by dealership but now it is doing it again. $1000+ cost so far for new slave/master/clutch. Never had a problem when I drove to/from school and has been a great daily driver. First major problem. Done some offroading and snow driving and it tackles it with ease. Overall good truck!
Favorite Features
4 wheel drive is easy to use and pretty reliable. 4 dr extended cab is nice for storing stuff behind front seats. Good AC and heat and seats are fairly comfy and very durable fabric for dirty jobs. Rubber floor is much easier to clean/maintain vs. cloth floor. 4L V6 is a decent tower.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger engine package. If you plan to tow anything, get the automatic. A better manual transmission and clutch setup would be appreciated. Tape deck acts up when I use tape adapter with my satellite radio. Keeps reversing direction and ejects until it warms up