2004 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Crash Test Dummy

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Review

Crash Test Dummy
By kevo71 on

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really liked my truck. It drove well and got fairly decent mileage (20MPG). If you noticed I have been referring to my truck in the past tense. I totaled it last week. The front wheel was knocked off, the cab was warped (driver's door would not shut) and the frame was bent in two places. The car that hit me was a Dodge Intrepid that hit me while sideways in the front left corner of the bumper and continued through the wheel. The truck held together well and I and the other driver walked away without any serious injuries. I had it for a year and a half and received from the insurance company about $1000 less than what I paid for it. I'm buying another just like it. I also have an '88 w/250k miles.

Favorite Features

Good solid truck all around. Rides a bit rough, like a truck. It's probably not a yuppie wagon, but the suspension is good, the four wheel drive worked well, the engine (4.0L) had plenty of power, good ground clearance, the seats were nice and it was comfortable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would enlarge it to an actual 4-door cab with a forward facing bench seat. Change the radio volume knob back to the push button type, it is a little hard to use. Cup holders hard to get to with a stick shift.