2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Love My Ford
By kaleb on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2003 ford ranger fx4 level 2 and i love it. I have been driving it back and forth to work and i have done some off roading and it does not get stuck and i have tried. I does me well.

economy
By hankl77 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This little Ranger gives a big bang for the buck. I got a 3000 rebate and a dealer discount. FInal price was around 13,500, List was 19,500. I enjoy the ride, fuel consumption, and ability to haul wood. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase.

i love it!
By edgey1 on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

ive had many trucks before but this one is my favorite one. Gas mileage is better than the 4.0 but not hardly the power though. very fun to drive this truck. it has a tight sporty feel and it has plenty of ground clearance.

2004
By azazazaz on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

great vehicle , would recommend it to anyone

fair
By jose antonio on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

needs to have better gas milege

best truck ever
By Sweet_16 on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck rides easy and is so pretty my mom and dad were iffy about buying me one because of my drving history but its so much easier to drive than any other truck i have driven

One bad little truck.
By Thomas4X on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the engine in this model. I bought it back in December of 2002 so it was one of the 1st out there and it has been great...all except for the fact that the only color I could get at the time was black. Ugh. Looks great but only right out of the car wash. Had black cars before and swore I wouldn't do it again. But it has been worth it. It handles well and accelerates better than a lot of cars or trucks. This one is a keeper.

Gasaholic
By Truddster on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is 3rd ford 4x4 that i have owned. purchased this mainly for my wife to use.absolutely love everything about the truck, except the gas mileage is absolutely terrible, 8-10 city and 11- 14 highway. was told by dealer that mileage will get better after a few thousand miles, but i dont believe that.

PROBLEMS
By REIDA on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

MY FIRST FORD RANGER AND I'M NOT TOTALLY SATISFIED. I LOVE THE LOOKS AND THE COMFORT, BUT READY TO GO!! AT 6,OOO MILES THE CLAMPS ON RADIATOR BROKE. LOST HALF MY FLUID ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND. THEN THE MAIN OIL SEAL WAS LEAKING. HAD TO REPLACE. NOW THE REAR DOOR RATTLES. SOMETIMES THE TRANS SLIPS. MAY NOT BUY AGAIN. FUEL ECONOMY WAS DECEIVING. ROUGH.

The perfect ladies truck
By Galley on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my truck and will always have a Ranger. It's small and easy to drive but big enough to carry my quad. It's cheap on gas yet very powerful when it comes to towing my trailer. I can't even tell I have a 20ft trailer loaded behind it. My Ranger never misses a beat!! I love it!