2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
10 all the way
By 03cobra21 on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love ford rangers. i drive a ZR2 at work all day it is not all what made to be it has been stuck in the mud 10 or 15 times. I have not been stuck at all. I HAVE PULLED a suburban ot of the mud in 4 wheel low and it didn't have a hard time.

Great
By Jerkwad on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love This Vehicle and would never get another on like it.

Ranger beats the rest - hands down
By TerryM on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My second Ranger - I purchased this vehicle after test driving and/or renting Chevy/GMC, Nissan, Toyota, and others. None can compare to the Ranger for quality, performance, drivability, driver position, seat comfort, driver visibility, quiet cab, and pure "fun to drive". And after extensive shopping, the Ranger was the best value I found.

Third Ranger is a charm
By Hitman & Speedy on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Ranger and by far the best to date. My mileage is 16.5mpg and I don't baby her either. Love her and plan on keeping this 4x4. Previous Rangers are as follows: '97 (2wd 2.3) had butt loads of rear axle problems and no umph. I gladly traded it in for an '02 (2wd 3.0) and really enjoyed it until the Nebraska winter; needed a 4x4.

Ranger xlt
By Joe Rotsinger on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my truck and wqouldn't trade for any car. I have the 4.0 liter which has plenty of power for its size and still has a pretty smooth ride for a truck. This truck still amazes me with its off-road capabilities (I go in some very deep mud when I haul grass to a recycling composte site, so I know what I'm talking about).

Ford ranger FX4 LevelI
By coolhead03 on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a Ranger with the level II package. I need a truck for work to haul equipment from job to job and also like to off-road some witch is the reason i bought the level II. For work and commuting I have found this truck to be on par with all the other vehicles in its catagory if not better. But the level II really comes to life when off-roading. The aggressive 31" BF Goodrich tires coupled whith plenty of ground clearance and full protective plates for piece of mind allow the ford to tackle trecherous approch and deparchure angles. The 4.0 litre powers you though deep mud and snow steadily.

The Lone Ranger
By Den on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice truck. Convient, solid, good on gas and fun to drive.

this is my second ranger there great
By james cramer on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

great truck i use it for work

2004 Ranger XL 2.3 /4 w/5 spd manual
By Don Arthur on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Gas mileage not up to expectations, so far about 22 (EPA rated at 24 city) for mixed city/highway. When first started engine revs way too high (2400-2500 RPM). This is annoying & cannot be good for engine. As usual no satisfaction from dealer service (they claim it's all computer regulated and NORMAL). It may be computer regulated, but I doubt it's NORMAL. Otherwise I like the Ranger, easy to drive, handles nicely, but 4 cylinder is anemic in top gear(s)..have to downshift too frequently. Probably should have gone for 3.0 liter V-6 and automatic (wouldn't have to manually downshift). Have only 600 miles on it, so too soon to make any lasting judgments.

reliable!
By luvmyrngr on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Value 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I really am pleased with my Ranger. The gas mileage is nonexistant, but the truck is solid with few problems. Great offroad!