Used 2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Awesome Truck
By mslrep

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Honestly, I was out looking at a Tacoma but just couldn't get over that front end and I found the Toyota dealers were just too proud of their trucks. Went by the Ford dealer on the way home and set my eyes on a loaded Ranger Edge. I got more serious when I found out my brother-in-law had a 2000 Ranger with 87,000 miles and the only problem he's encountered has been a sensor replacement, $34.00. I was really sold when the dealer came $4000 off the list. Drove it back to St. Louis that same week end and by the end of the trip, I noticed the truck really coming alive with personality, looks, handling. Matched with the auto and 4.10 ratio gears you c

Ride, Ford quality.. Let's face it - if you want a truck there's only one.

Above inside mirror cockpit light.

2004 Ranger is a great value
By DucRider

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Value 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I drive a mix of heavy freeway and city streets, about 70 miles/day, and have averaged a very consistent 19.5 MPG in this truck..I'm pleasantly surprised given the great acceleration with this truck. It has a 5 speed, and 4.10 rear end with traction lock. Overall, I'm very happy. Even the paint job was flawless from the factory. I've noticed that for 2005 they got rid of the Value package. That's too bad, it was a great deal in '04. You should know that the engine has a limiter at about 95 miles/hour. In areas where the speed limit is 75, and many drivers are going 80 to 85, that limit was scary the first time I reached it.

The 4.0 sounds good, accelerates great. The fit and finish is excellent.

Wish I had gotten the 4 door supercab rather than the two door. Putting large objects in the back is rough or impossible. The sound system is not great...muddy bass. Also, the doors do sound tinny (I read this in another reviewers note...guess I'm not the only one.)

Second Ranger Owned
By jiffyw

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second Ranger 4x4 that I have owned. I like the looks and the way it performs.

Floor heat vent actually warms my feet - not my shins!

Gas Mileage and the funky arm rest that flips back allowing all the contents to fall out behind the seats

disappointed
By 52 MORE PAYMENTS

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Should of bought a Tacoma. This truck is one of the most popular mini trucks on the road, and other then price I don't understand why. I've had this truck for five months, and it's been in the shop for twenty five days, at diferent times. The list is long, The computer modual that controls the wipers, the wiper motor, passenger power window, passenger door latch, fender flair, rear end rumble, and an alignment in first week. What happened to fords claim that quality is job one.

The anti-sleep rattles from the dash, rear sliding window and passenger door are a incredable feat of engineering. I'm sure it saves thousands of lives every year.

SHOULD OF BOUGHT A TACOMA. HATE TO SAY BUT THE FORIEGN GUYS HAVE US BEAT AS FAR AS CARS GO. WE LOST IT IN THE MID SEVENTIES.

love my truck
By cobb

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is awsome. looks great,drives great. and i got it for $12000 after the rebate from ford. the ground clearence is great also.

start at the front bumper and go to the back bumper....thats my favorite part.

make a limited slip standard

• SUV