Used 2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

2004 Ranger Edge
By mike

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used from original owner with 2700 miles on it. Paid $11,000. He had to pay the bank an additional $1500 to get out from under it. This is an example of letting someone else take the depreciation. Tough market for used trucks as the dealers scoop them up and resell them. Hard to find one owner, low mileage trucks. LOVE THE EDGE! High ride height is what I need more than 4 wheel drive. Very stylish interior, seats are awesome. Rides and handles great. You will get good mileage on highway (and around town IF YOU HAVE A LIGHT FOOT). Would like to have the bigger engine but 3.0 is OK for me. Shifts very smooth. Super sharp looks with alloy wheels. Very happy with my purchase.

Ride height, styling of EDGE package, wheels and tires.

Nothing comes to mind.

Tee hEeee hee hee
By TriciA

My brother has a ranger, my father has a ranger. Never thought I would buy one but when the Edge came around somehow I couldn't resist so now I own one. Not only did I have a good buying expierence at the dealership the driving expierence has been good as well. Best value for the price I would have to say. It's multifunctional and reliable so far I haven't any problems at all and niether have my fellow family members who owns one. My father has put a little over 10,000 miles on his edge already and hasen't complained about a thing. Waiting for a good snow to see how it handles...

Manny tranny, took some getting used to but love it, the interior is nice too, love the rubber floor....

obviously gas mileage, doesen't really bother me but damn it could be better....i imagine the automatics eat the gas....the 5 speed isn't that bad.....

This Truck is great
By wrongway

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

while I was shopping for a truck I came to the conclusion that this is one of if not the last true compact truck left, that comes with a compact price. Most other makers are moving there compacts to a more midsize level, and the price is moving north as well. I drive it like a truck and it performs well, offroad or onroad this is a good truck and I got a great deal. With all the rebates I came in well under invoice and I am more than happy with my purchase.

Good, Solid Truck
By Miamiboy04

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Ranger in 6 years. From day two the truck had an electrical short in the wiper motor that made it impossible to turn the wipers off once activated. The dealership replaced the wiper motor w/in a few hours and now everything works perfectly. The 2.3L engine is more than powerful enough w/the manual transmission for daily driving. If you plan on using the truck to tow, I suggest the 3.0L or 4.0L.

Power windows, locks, and mirrors. Remote keyless entry and cruise control.

More open storage space for small items like cell phones & chargers. A full center console that goes from the dash and up between the driver and passenger seats would be great.

good on paper/ decent in reality
By avesrulsik222

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

within the first month the front right headlight went out for no reason. other then that the truck runs great.

the vynal interior and the ac.

different unlocking system.