Used 2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

WORKS FOR ME!
By Harleys&Horses

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This truck can do it all. Always dependable, always ready - great for getting around and great for getting the job done.

Size.

Side mirrors should be larger.

good crosscountry
By adamcolorado

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in Tampa Florida and drove it to Atlanta every weekend for six months, I now live in Denver, co. and have driven back to Atlanta twice. No problems yet and it towed a eight foot U-Haul loaded down along with the truck bed loaded down at 75 mph across the country no problem. It is a little sluggish at altitude from 7000ft and higher. Does really well in deep snow for a two wheel drive truck, and the heater is great!

Stance, looks, and reliability!

Lighter suspension in the rear.

This is alot of truck for little price
By Steve M

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck for work and have used it for work. I have hauled cars from 3000 pounds up to 6000 pounds. I have had 1800 pounds in the box and begs for more. This trucks gives 100% when it works. It loves to work. I paid $13,500 for it and I love it. I just have the 3.0 with the 5 speed auto torqueshift. I have 3.73 gears. The gas mileage hurts but what do you expect. If you want gas mileage buy a dang Honda. If you want a great truck for work buy a Ford Ranger.

The amount this thing could haul.

More comfortable seats, a V8?

Danger Ranger
By Danger Ranger

This truck is great. It out-performs my every expectation. It feels like it can conquer all, but is still comfortable and practical for everyday use. It's been strong and reliable for over a year now. It's a great value and never lets me down.

The sweet sounds from the am/fm/cd/mp3 player. High, strong "edge" stance. worlds best a/c.

Give it some more power!

My First NEW vehicle
By Rick

As the first new vehicle I have purchased, I have liked my Ranger immensely. Everything about the truck has been good. I have made a couple of improvements (new stereo, fog lights, bed liner, bed cover) that have helped make the truck better. For a small light pickup, I would recommend the Ranger to anybody who needs one.

The V6 engine, tilt steering wheel, remote keyless entry.

Moving the rear view mirror up some to improve visibility out the windshield. More audio options. I added a satellite radio to my Ranger and now I don't want to leave it for very long.