Used 2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Excellent Value
By wyxlzorf

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Ranger for a daily driver, doing run and bump North Dallas commuting during the week. The weekend finds it pulling a 30 foot long, but light trailer hauling a glider. Great utility vehicle, but could use some more giddyup. Reasonable comfort, driveability, and build quality for the price. This is my second Ranger. The first went 10+ years and 200,000 miles with very little problems and this one looks to be even better.

General overall driving position, visibility, and comfort.

The suicide doors in back seem like a good idea, but in reality they don't work out too well in a crowded parking lot. A flip forward seat works much better.

tough little truck
By tyrone buckets

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It will never die cold or hot it starts. comfortable seats for long drives. Needs more room in the back for storage and seats. I have over 180,000 miles only needed to maintain truck. Nothing has gone wrong. I will get up to 355 miles on one tank.No speeding must dive a minimium 5-10 over speed limit Great MPGs.

shift on fly 4x4, great mpgs, and reliable.

needs more room in back at least 3-5 inches.Stronger arm rest.

Number 6 for me
By Thomas

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had and 83, which I put a 302 in after 180K miles, my 88,91,93,95 Splash and now a 2004 XLT 4x4, all gave me very little problems,the 2.9 L 88's TFI module went out on a rainy night but I always had a sparemodule, with the tool, in the glovebox. My 2004 ,with the 4.0 L V6, is the best yet as far as fit and function and reliability since I live in the snow belt it has to be good. I think I will upgrade to the 2008 FX4 this summer. Mine has 55K on it and still looks new.

21.5 miles to gallon HWY with the K&N air system and Flow Master exhaust. Handling is great with Yokohama tires and Bilstein monotube shocks.

Smoother shifting 5 speed manual Trans and needs jump seats in the back for small passengers and at least one suicide door to open on the XLT Supercab.

Just Ok
By RC

Nice truck for the money. I like the styling and the super cab is great. Lots of nice standard features for a truck in this price range.

The styling, and it's the perfect size for most home owner's needs.

Needs more power from the 3.0 v6. Gas mileage is poor at best. I can't understand why they still use drum brakes on the back when everthing else in there lineup has disc brakes all the way around. If I were to buy another the 4.0 V6 would be a must.

Great Truck
By FordFan

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have worked for Dodge and Toyota, both of there trucks can't compare to the quality and performance in my opinion, to a Ford. I'm a Ford guy and there really is nothing better. I love the 4.0l, lots of torque. Yea it eats gas, but I didn't but a truck for gas mileage. I love it. Excellent job Mr. Ford

The 4.0L V6, and it's a 4X4

Needs SVT badge and a supercharger!