2004 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews 14

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
PLESANTLY SUPRISED
By popeye222 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck to use as a work truck. I might change my mind. This sporty EDGE crewcab has been fun to drive. I can zip around town with the V- 6 and still get over 300 miles a tank. It is quiet and handles like a car. The other carmakers beware, Ford is changing for the better !

Ford Ranger???
By BobViking on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Let see, Two accessory belt changes by 19,000 mi. Torsion bars were miss aligned, had to return twice to get them to look at it and finally correct. Found damage to under carriage (probably during shipment) would not even look at or acknowledge. Another dealership, Beau Townsend Ford in Ohio, asked "You didn't buy it here did you?" When I brought it in for service. I wanted a Chevy S-10 ext.cab, but they went to only one seat in the rear on 2003, because of three door style. I dreaded buying a Ford, now I know why. They're service dept.'s are poor rated if you are in for warranty work, or didn't buy your truck from there. Never buy a Ford again.

Very first truck
By John C. Stec on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I needed a truck for all the side work I do.

Seats!
By vols on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good little truck, but the seat suck. I have the 3.0L not enough power and poor miles. The 4.0L I had get the same mieage with much better performance.

Greatest Truck in the World.
By Van Langford on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Ford ranger has an amazing compatability with any one in the world, this midsize truck is one of the greatest to buy.

Buy one!
By nuendo84 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven rangers simlar to mine at work everyday for 2 1/2 years. I blew one up (it was a 4 cyl) at 256,000 miles...these trucks last! I got the 3.0 which I also used at work...the one at work has 190,000 and is strong. Never had a major problem! I wouldn't blow smoke to you, these are awesome trucks!

Best in class
By anselmo25 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Tremor 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck for the money

mileage stinks
By mikeydontlikey on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

the truck is great. but the gas mileage that it gets is really bad. i have yet to get over 240 miles on a tank of gas and thats driving mostly freeway going to and from work. no i wont recomend this vehicle to anyone unless they love spending money on fuel.

Good compact truck
By shannon on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The truck handles great on corners, has lots of power, good gas milage compared to competing trucks. Interior is well built, dash board is very axcessabile. Fun to drive

i love this truck
By imcbeddings on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

this truck has great gas mileage and the comfort of a couch in ur house lots of room in the cab a spacious bed soo if u like medium but not small and not huge trucks then this iz the truck 4 u