Used 2004 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

10 all the way
By 03cobra21

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love ford rangers. i drive a ZR2 at work all day it is not all what made to be it has been stuck in the mud 10 or 15 times. I have not been stuck at all. I HAVE PULLED a suburban ot of the mud in 4 wheel low and it didn't have a hard time.

The 31x10.5 tires and the 410 gears.

Great
By Jerkwad

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love This Vehicle and would never get another on like it.

Ranger beats the rest - hands down
By TerryM

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My second Ranger - I purchased this vehicle after test driving and/or renting Chevy/GMC, Nissan, Toyota, and others. None can compare to the Ranger for quality, performance, drivability, driver position, seat comfort, driver visibility, quiet cab, and pure "fun to drive". And after extensive shopping, the Ranger was the best value I found.

Obvious build quality, seat comfort, visibility, drivability, solid road feel, quality ride, 6-disc CD, electric locks and windows, storage space in super cab, storage bins in doors, full analog guages, "smart" warning lights, remote entry, fit and finish, Paint quality

can't think of anything I'd improve - the Ranger is already top-of-the-game

Third Ranger is a charm
By Hitman & Speedy

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Ranger and by far the best to date. My mileage is 16.5mpg and I don't baby her either. Love her and plan on keeping this 4x4. Previous Rangers are as follows: '97 (2wd 2.3) had butt loads of rear axle problems and no umph. I gladly traded it in for an '02 (2wd 3.0) and really enjoyed it until the Nebraska winter; needed a 4x4.

Love the flare-side, the '04 front end, and new HIGH back seats.

The only item on this truck that ticks me off is the fuse box cover, which some idiot relocated to the front passenger kick panel (on the floor). I had to 'tuck-tape' the panel from the inside because it kept popping off.

Ranger xlt
By Joe Rotsinger

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my truck and wqouldn't trade for any car. I have the 4.0 liter which has plenty of power for its size and still has a pretty smooth ride for a truck. This truck still amazes me with its off-road capabilities (I go in some very deep mud when I haul grass to a recycling composte site, so I know what I'm talking about).

I like the power of the engine, off road capabilitie, towing power and it has suprisingly good speakers for s truck. Sometimes people ask me if i got some new 10 inch subs or something, but its just the factory. I bet the tremor is even bettter

Improvements hmmmm I cant really think of any, maybe factory rino liners. I just hope they don't ruin the ranger by renaming it, or making it a larger truck like a dakota.