2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Good truck
By B. A. B. on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The power of 4.0 liter engine makes this feel like a big truck. I have no complaints with this vehicle other than the fuel economy, which with the automatic transmission has been between 17-18 mpg, no better than my old F-150 with the discontinued 4.9 liter 6 cylinder engine.

My New Ranger
By Fordman on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge Deluxe Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is beautiful, comfortable, and most important powerful. It meets my needs and expectations for the truck its' size and I'm glad I went with no other.

BUY AMERICAN
By PDB on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

XLNT PERFORNABCE ON FIRE ROADS.....AND HILL CLIMBS

The best
By 1516171819 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

my ranger has 160,000 miles and hasnt been in the shop once! but if thats not good enough, my grandpas ranger has 320,000 miles and running strong!

Good Value
By wolflane on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has been very reliable. It's fun to drive and does great in the snow. It's comfortable but this may be the weakest point in this truck when driving long distance. The shoulder harness does not go low enough for a short person and hits me in the side of the neck. It's the only thing I don't like about this truck.

NEW RANGER
By E A MCMAHON on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

FOR THE SHORT TIME I'VE HAD IT ITS EVERYTHING I HAD WANTED

Nice fun ride
By Roger Parlett on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have never had a truck before. My Ranger is surprisingly quiet and peppy. I got the super cab and the extra doors are a big plus for putting items inside for protection. There are little features like cup holders and storage pockets I did not expect. I got the 4.0 engine to pull my boat-the fuel economy could be a little better. get the 3.55 axle if you care about fuel economy.

I love my Ranger Edge
By AnikaSevenOfNine on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought my Ranger Edge and I love it. The only drawback is that it sucks up gas every time it passes a gas station. Other than that one little flaw, it's a wonderful truck.

Ford Ranger XLT LB 4WD
By Dale Gould on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside LB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this truck I have owned it for ver a year, I cant find anyting really wrong with it. To pick it apart I would recomand anyone to buy the 4.0 it gets the same gas milage as the 3.0, I would also add an extra 2 inches of leg room. However I have been very saticfied and it had convinced me that my next purchase will be a F 150

Great Choice!
By NA on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have this truck! I've had no problems and outperforms in performance, torque, and towing compaired to foreign trucks. In addition...is much less expensive!