2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Alaskan Man's Review of Ranger
By Kenjini on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like it...suits me, it's a bright obnoxious yellow

Sweet Truck
By Stemmer98 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my new truck. It handles well in the snow as well as off road driving. The one thing that you should be aware of is the fuel economy in the winter months. I am currently averaging about 10 miles per gallon, which was not expected when I purchased the truck. The summer months and warmer times makes the economy average around 16-17 miles per gallon. Overall the truck is a great buy and I am very pleased..... The truck must be reliable....there is some reason that you can't go a mile down the road and not see one of them.

love my truck
By shortiedu on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

fun to drive, tons of power

Don't bother with the 2004 Ranger
By Mark Steven on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since 92, I have owned 3 ranger 4x4's. A 92,98 and 2004. I wish I had my 98 back. I had 2dr's and bought a 4 dr, thinking my 5 yr old daughter would like it better, WRONG! It's noisy, on the highway and the engine makes more noise than the 98 4.0/v6. I see short cuts, like mud flaps, no skirting in wheel wells, high back buckets that are comfortable but lots of blind spots. I rate the 04 at a 2 because I think Ford was more interested in the F-150 and caturing the market with that model, thus leaving the best selling small p/u out of the picture for 2004.

Ford Ranger
By btopgunp945 on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Strong 4.0 performance roomie interior good riding and lots of features

Like a Rock
By Ace 75 on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Very solid, very confident driving. Wouldn't mind a few extra horses, but pulls boats/trailers with ease.

Another Great Ford
By Ford Happy on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My third Ranger and probably the best one yet. Simply the best small truck on the market and American owned. Handles great in snow and off-road. Improved sound system and engine.

ranger review
By cashen on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

VERY NICE TRUCK. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD AN F150 OR IF IT'S TOO BIG. THEN THE RANGER IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE.

best small truckhad my 03
By jerry berte on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab Tremor 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

have my 03 edge supr cab 4wd now for 10 mos 12000 mi no problems ride kinda choppy on rough streets it will break loose if you go to fast over these type surfaces have since installed helweig sway bars f r end of problem cost under 200.i love the looks. much bettwr than buck toothed and rounded front fenders on tacoma and the 4.0 is very ballsy.great compact truck rangers rule

2004 2dr xlt Value supercab 4v6 auto
By johnr2b on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab XLT Value 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

the Electrical Plug for the Trailer Hitch should be a place you can easly see, Second, The external sound could be damped in the doors a little more. Other than that the truck is a sweet runing, great handling and lots of fun to be in any time of Truck.