Used 2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Level II SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

10 all the way
By 03cobra21

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i love ford rangers. i drive a ZR2 at work all day it is not all what made to be it has been stuck in the mud 10 or 15 times. I have not been stuck at all. I HAVE PULLED a suburban ot of the mud in 4 wheel low and it didn't have a hard time.

Favorite Features

The 31x10.5 tires and the 410 gears.

Ford ranger FX4 LevelI
By coolhead03

I own a Ranger with the level II package. I need a truck for work to haul equipment from job to job and also like to off-road some witch is the reason i bought the level II. For work and commuting I have found this truck to be on par with all the other vehicles in its catagory if not better. But the level II really comes to life when off-roading. The aggressive 31" BF Goodrich tires coupled whith plenty of ground clearance and full protective plates for piece of mind allow the ford to tackle trecherous approch and deparchure angles. The 4.0 litre powers you though deep mud and snow steadily.

Favorite Features

Four door super cab,31" BF Goodrich tires,Full skid plates,Alcoa wheels,Six cup holders

Suggested Improvements

A little more horse power never hurt,2wd lo-range would be nice for tight trails

Love My Ford
By kaleb

I just bought a 2003 ford ranger fx4 level 2 and i love it. I have been driving it back and forth to work and i have done some off roading and it does not get stuck and i have tried. I does me well.

Favorite Features

I love the whole truck and i would not chnage much.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cab larger so that you can acctually fit four full grown adult males in the truck comforterably. Lift the truck another 2-4 inches. Overall make the truck a bit larger but not too much.

One bad little truck.
By Thomas4X

I love the engine in this model. I bought it back in December of 2002 so it was one of the 1st out there and it has been great...all except for the fact that the only color I could get at the time was black. Ugh. Looks great but only right out of the car wash. Had black cars before and swore I wouldn't do it again. But it has been worth it. It handles well and accelerates better than a lot of cars or trucks. This one is a keeper.

Favorite Features

The engine runs strong and has been 100% reliable as it approaches 15,000 miles.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are an improvement over the older models but still think they could be better. Would also love it if the passenger seat were easily removed.

Great 4X4 Value
By Stoge

I have owned my 2003 FX4 Level II for right at one year now, and it has been everything that I hoped it would be. If you are thinking of getting one of the two off road packages offered in FX4 trim, definitely go with the Level II. I think it is the best value compact 4X4 pickup on the market. I would definitely buy another... but maybe not black next time.

Favorite Features

Level II package has great tires, wheels, shocks, rear end, and skid plates.

Suggested Improvements

Should come with mudflaps at all 4 wheels instead of just the rear. Leather seats should be avaliable in the same color combo the cloth seats are offered in. Truck definitely needs to get better fuel economy.