2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
tops
By maytagman on 05/10/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Off-Road 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just a fine truck, works and plays hard then drive it to dinner. Mine has 75,000 miles - nothing but normal maintenance, i.e. oil, brakes, tires.

Awesome
By Ford4v460 on 02/06/06 11:50 AM (PST)

Loved this vehicle since the day I bought it, had no problems with it. I live in an area where a 4x4 is a must and it doesn't miss a beat in mud or snow. The 4.0L is not as powerful as some of its competition but it fits the truck's size. A better pick than a full size pickup if you don't have a family.

My First Ford Truck
By F. A. Hicks on 06/05/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

My Ranger is a fine vehicle, smooth ride, excellent handling & power to match. The exterior design is also a plus factor, having conformed to the changing times by having that sleek look but maintains the distinct Ford body style (a manly style). Only Ford & Chevy have been able to keep their trucks the way I like em! I must add however that the Ranger was sort of a poor choice for me. I am 6'1" & 240lbs. I am not uncomfortable in my Ranger but I still, after six months, can't seem to get to seat adjusted right and my head is .25 of an inch from the ceiling. I am comfortable even driving for long periods. Recommend 2004 Ford Ranger. But us "Big Guys" need "A Full Size Baby".

Just fun to drive
By myranger77 on 12/11/04 11:35 AM (PST)

The 04 FX4 package is awesome it has no problems with offroad driving and in Vermont you can really test it out and rides smooth on the highway too.

Best Truck ever
By ken black on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I owned a 1986 Ranger and drove it for over 14 years. The '04 Ranger is much better and more fun to drive. Ford has done it right. The high back seats are very comfortable, visability is great, the sound system is excelent, the ease of access to the cab is effortless with the 4 doors, and the ride is much imporved over prior Rangers. I especially like the redesigned looks of the truck.

Love It
By WT Trapper on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Have owned 'em all. The Ranger is more than enough truck for what I do. Handles great.... and looks even better.

Excellent
By psu48187 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

One of the better pickup trucks on the market for the money. Ford has done really well working out all the bugs over the years. If you are in the market for a smaller truck, this truck more than warrants a look. Transmission is very responsive.

Don't bother with the 2004 Ranger
By Mark Steven on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Since 92, I have owned 3 ranger 4x4's. A 92,98 and 2004. I wish I had my 98 back. I had 2dr's and bought a 4 dr, thinking my 5 yr old daughter would like it better, WRONG! It's noisy, on the highway and the engine makes more noise than the 98 4.0/v6. I see short cuts, like mud flaps, no skirting in wheel wells, high back buckets that are comfortable but lots of blind spots. I rate the 04 at a 2 because I think Ford was more interested in the F-150 and caturing the market with that model, thus leaving the best selling small p/u out of the picture for 2004.

ranger review
By cashen on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

VERY NICE TRUCK. IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD AN F150 OR IF IT'S TOO BIG. THEN THE RANGER IS AN EXCELLENT CHOICE.