2004 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Truck
By FordFan

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have worked for Dodge and Toyota, both of there trucks can't compare to the quality and performance in my opinion, to a Ford. I'm a Ford guy and there really is nothing better. I love the 4.0l, lots of torque. Yea it eats gas, but I didn't but a truck for gas mileage. I love it. Excellent job Mr. Ford

Favorite Features

The 4.0L V6, and it's a 4X4

Suggested Improvements

Needs SVT badge and a supercharger!

The Lil' Ranger that can
By 68CudaGuy

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Since this is the 5th Ranger I've owned I'd have to say I really like them. Had a 85, 88, 91, and 97 before this 04. Still have the 91 with 280,000 miles so far. I've got the 3.0l and 5 speed manual and even going back and forth to Birmingham AL last week for classes I got 26+ mpg at some crazy 75-80mph speeds. She's no speed demon but as far as trucks go but I feel confident enough to drive her on any interstate. I do plan on doing a few things to improve horsepower and mileage as I can afford them. My wish list includes a cat back exhaust system, Edge Performance piggyback chip, K&N Fuel injection setup, 180 degree thermostat, and I'm considering replacing the fan with an electric unit.

Favorite Features

Clean good looks are a marked improvement over the previous body style. Looks more like a mini F150 instead of a pregnant guppy. Seats are stiff but comfortable. Nice radio with CD player, just wish I could have found one with an upgraded sound system. Try putting a real spare in these trucks Ford!

Suggested Improvements

BIGGER MIRRORS! A little more horse power at a usable RPM would be nice. Pop out rear windows for cross ventilation. Bumpers on the XL and the XLT are flimsy and ugly. They ruin the truck, come up with something better Ford. Too much cheesy plastic. Try aluminum in interior - would look better.

Seats!
By vols

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good little truck, but the seat suck. I have the 3.0L not enough power and poor miles. The 4.0L I had get the same mieage with much better performance.

Suggested Improvements

better seats, they just seam to cut into your legs the longer you drive it.