2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Repeat buyer
By ArkieDave on 07/09/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Learned my lesson with my first Ranger and got the super cab and 4L SOHC engine. Bucket seats are a big plus for comfort. This truck is fun to drive, unfaltering reliability, and reasonably economical for a vehicle with over 200 HP.

Great Reliability
By Brian L. on 06/07/10 22:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for over a year now and have only had to replace the front brakes. This has been a very reliable truck and I would definitely recommend it if your wallet can afford the 15 city and 18 hwy mpg on the 4.0 model. It's not a speedy truck but more of a torque monster. This is a bit of a disappointment unless you're towing something. I barely notice whenever there is any weight on the truck. Overall a quality and reliability make this this ideal small truck.

Good Truck so far
By bigmc83 on 01/23/10 19:55 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Edge 4wd Supercab with 4L/ 5 spd manual. Great truck overall, has not let me down until recently. Freeway driving is good, has hauled plenty of stuff. Kegs, plywood, mulch...it does it all with no complaints. Towed my boat this past summer which was borderline overweight, but it did it with no problems. Unfortunately now the clutch slave/master cylinder is going. It did this last year and had it "fixed" by dealership but now it is doing it again. $1000+ cost so far for new slave/master/clutch. Never had a problem when I drove to/from school and has been a great daily driver. First major problem. Done some offroading and snow driving and it tackles it with ease. Overall good truck!

Perfect Present
By Nick Wray on 01/05/10 20:26 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After Highschool graduation it was time to upgrade over my 86 Silverado. I knew for a while I wanted a Ranger, Im impressed with way my truck handles and drives. The 3.0 is a good mixture of performance and fuel effiency. Its a solid little truck, that looks as good as it drives. The extended cab is perfect for transporting all my gear to and from school. It can hold all my fishing and camping supplies inside, out of the elemets. The Edge package gives it an awesome stance. I opted for the 2 wheel drive, over the 4 simply for the fact that I dont plan on doing any serious off-roading in it.I upgraded the head unit and rear speakers, simply because Im going through my loud music phase.

Awesome Ranger
By Dave on 12/09/09 14:20 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Edge 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck ever, always what I wanted and always a good experience

Excellent Value
By wyxlzorf on 07/15/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT Appearance Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my Ranger for a daily driver, doing run and bump North Dallas commuting during the week. The weekend finds it pulling a 30 foot long, but light trailer hauling a glider. Great utility vehicle, but could use some more giddyup. Reasonable comfort, driveability, and build quality for the price. This is my second Ranger. The first went 10+ years and 200,000 miles with very little problems and this one looks to be even better.

tough little truck
By tyrone buckets on 06/16/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It will never die cold or hot it starts. comfortable seats for long drives. Needs more room in the back for storage and seats. I have over 180,000 miles only needed to maintain truck. Nothing has gone wrong. I will get up to 355 miles on one tank.No speeding must dive a minimium 5-10 over speed limit Great MPGs.

Number 6 for me
By Thomas on 05/10/08 22:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had and 83, which I put a 302 in after 180K miles, my 88,91,93,95 Splash and now a 2004 XLT 4x4, all gave me very little problems,the 2.9 L 88's TFI module went out on a rainy night but I always had a sparemodule, with the tool, in the glovebox. My 2004 ,with the 4.0 L V6, is the best yet as far as fit and function and reliability since I live in the snow belt it has to be good. I think I will upgrade to the 2008 FX4 this summer. Mine has 55K on it and still looks new.

Just Ok
By RC on 07/08/07 04:39 AM (PDT)

Nice truck for the money. I like the styling and the super cab is great. Lots of nice standard features for a truck in this price range.

Great Truck
By FordFan on 04/09/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger SuperCab 2dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have worked for Dodge and Toyota, both of there trucks can't compare to the quality and performance in my opinion, to a Ford. I'm a Ford guy and there really is nothing better. I love the 4.0l, lots of torque. Yea it eats gas, but I didn't but a truck for gas mileage. I love it. Excellent job Mr. Ford