2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:
Great Truck!
By trclark23 on 08/24/12 02:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Ranger Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XLT Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

To start this review, I'm not sure why Edmunds doesn't have an option for the single cab XLT 2.3L Automatic, because that's what I drive. Anyways, I bought this truck brand new in 2004 from Town and Country Ford in Madison, TN. Aside from a transmission recall before I hit 1,000 miles and an Oxygen sensor going back, this truck hasn't given me ANY issues since I've bought it whatsoever in the past 8 years. The truck doesn't drive smooth like a Cadillac but it's a truck and it's not meant to. The 2.3L Duratec engine (found in Rangers from 02-11) are literally bulletproof and will last 200-300-400,000 miles easy with regular maintenance. Ford screwed up discontinuing this truck.

One sweet little truck.
By Gene on 04/15/08 23:54 PM (PDT)

I selected my 4 cylinder stickshift Ranger to serve as a daily driver, as a vehicle to drive on my 100 mile daily, 5 days per week school commute, and to be able to hold its own at Home Depot, Lowe's and Menard's. The handling, ride, and highway gas mileage is almost unbelievable! I've often seen 30+ MPG, and one week it actually delivered 35 MPG. The seats are surprisingly supportive and quite comfy for a small truck. I cross-shopped Chevy, GMC, and Toyota, but the Ranger beat them all for interior comfort, durability, fuel efficiency, reliability, appearance, and especially, price.

Good, Solid Truck
By Miamiboy04 on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my second Ranger in 6 years. From day two the truck had an electrical short in the wiper motor that made it impossible to turn the wipers off once activated. The dealership replaced the wiper motor w/in a few hours and now everything works perfectly. The 2.3L engine is more than powerful enough w/the manual transmission for daily driving. If you plan on using the truck to tow, I suggest the 3.0L or 4.0L.

Need more ponies
By ranger 1 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I recently purchased a 2004 Ford ranger XLT 2.3 16v with a 5 speed manual. The truck drives fine but the only thing lacking again is horse power. The vehicle has 143 horse power but feels as though it has 115 horse power.

great truck
By roundbob3189 on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2.3 liter a bit small for power but excellent for fuel economy. easy to dress up and make appearance custom