Used 2004 Ford Ranger Edge Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Perfect Present
By Nick Wray

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After Highschool graduation it was time to upgrade over my 86 Silverado. I knew for a while I wanted a Ranger, Im impressed with way my truck handles and drives. The 3.0 is a good mixture of performance and fuel effiency. Its a solid little truck, that looks as good as it drives. The extended cab is perfect for transporting all my gear to and from school. It can hold all my fishing and camping supplies inside, out of the elemets. The Edge package gives it an awesome stance. I opted for the 2 wheel drive, over the 4 simply for the fact that I dont plan on doing any serious off-roading in it.I upgraded the head unit and rear speakers, simply because Im going through my loud music phase.

The bold styling all around with the Edge package adds to appeal. The interior is superb, and comfortable. The jump seats neatly fold away for plenty of space behind the front seats.

It's a solid truck all the way around. If your looking for a weekend warrior the 4wd will be better. The milage is pretty good for a small truck, but all the talk these days is milage. Gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Awesome Truck
By mslrep

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Honestly, I was out looking at a Tacoma but just couldn't get over that front end and I found the Toyota dealers were just too proud of their trucks. Went by the Ford dealer on the way home and set my eyes on a loaded Ranger Edge. I got more serious when I found out my brother-in-law had a 2000 Ranger with 87,000 miles and the only problem he's encountered has been a sensor replacement, $34.00. I was really sold when the dealer came $4000 off the list. Drove it back to St. Louis that same week end and by the end of the trip, I noticed the truck really coming alive with personality, looks, handling. Matched with the auto and 4.10 ratio gears you c

Ride, Ford quality.. Let's face it - if you want a truck there's only one.

Above inside mirror cockpit light.

love my truck
By cobb

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is awsome. looks great,drives great. and i got it for $12000 after the rebate from ford. the ground clearence is great also.

start at the front bumper and go to the back bumper....thats my favorite part.

make a limited slip standard

Trucking in style
By flynns2u

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck the best purchase my husband and I have ever made now go and get one today and start enjoying it

I love it all I can't say just one

Perfect

i love it!
By edgey1

2004 Ford Ranger 2dr SuperCab Edge Rwd Styleside SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

ive had many trucks before but this one is my favorite one. Gas mileage is better than the 4.0 but not hardly the power though. very fun to drive this truck. it has a tight sporty feel and it has plenty of ground clearance.

ground clearance

a tad wider cab nothing else