love my truck
By sparkeyjr on
2003 Ford Ranger 4dr SuperCab XLT FX4 Level II 4WD Styleside SB (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
5sp. which apparently is rare in this configuration. came with a shell. I live in CA where we instantly lose 3+ mpg once we enter the state so I average around 15. Out of state I get around 20. A little stiff for fun off roading. I use it to pull trees and brush out of canyons and generally drag stuff around. I also use it as a sports car and commuter car. For an all around vehicle for someone who does a little of everything this is it. Tight suspension and steering with the BFGs make it scream around corners in the mountains of so cal. Good turning radius and truck width. Great towing rig! The front tow hooks are perfect and get used a lot. My favorite truck!
Favorite Features
Front tow hooks and posi rear end special to the FX4. BFG All Terrains. Rubber floor mats, ergonomics. Tight steering and suspension, towing ability, power and that manual trans under a beautiful black body.
Suggested Improvements
seats could hold better, 20 more lbs of torque would be nice. Lower 4wd low. A little better fuel economy would be nice. The governor shuts the truck down at 93 mph.