2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Issues with my 2003 Ford Edge

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

2003 Ford Ranger

XL Regular Cab Pickup (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.0 ft. Bed)

Issues with my 2003 Ford Edge Ranger
By venisonman on

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Flairside Edge Ranger in 2003 and it has turned 251,479 miles. I am the original owner.
Issues I have had are, idler pulley had to be replaced twice during the warranty period.
6pk CD player quit working after 5yrs.
Pass window window began working intermittenly 6yrs ago, seems to be related to the temperature outside, works when cold out and not when hot.
Ball joints needed replacing this year.
Electric mirrors quit working 4yrs ago.
Just this week after an increasingly worsening rough idle condition it was determined that compression is begining to fail and I need some head work.
Instead of valve work I have opted for a new long block.
I love my Edge Ranger.

I have owned three other rangers and the Edge Ranger by far has had the best and smoothest ride ever. Even as a 4x2 package. I would not hessitate to purchase another. Problem is Ford is not currently building any flairside Rangers.

Durability of electrical wiring and stero component life expectancy. I was told by the dealer that a condition exsisted not long after 03 regarding the cylinder heads. There was never any recall in place but since that time the heads have been improved upon and the heads are now, to quote the dealer, "bullet proof".

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review