2003 Ford Ranger Consumer Review: Great little truck

2003 Ford Ranger - Consumer Review

Great little truck
By LMK on

2003 Ford Ranger 2dr Regular Cab XL Rwd Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This little truck continues to amaze myself and those around me. I use this truck at work all day every day. (I work in construction) It is always hauling machines, tools, supplies and debris of all sorts. This truck is slow, gutless and outdated, yet it is the most reliable and affordable vehicle I've ever owned. It gets great fuel economy. (25 city and 31 highway if you baby it) I've had one check engine light in this truck~ caused by a rotted vacuum line. This one repair cost me all of $.89 to repair. Other than regular upkeep, that's all I've put into her. I have no complaints and would love to purchase another.. soon.

I love the vinyl bench seat, and rubber floors. It almost cleans itself~ nothing sticks to this stuff.

Tilt wheel should be standard. I'm fairly tall and my knees are often in contact with the wheel. Stiffer rear springs would be wonderful. Having a standard sliding rear window would help enhance comfort.